Chapter 72

"Hey Em!"

"Parker! You came! Thank god I would have a really hard time ignoring you if you didn't show up." I said and pulled him into a hug, messing his hair just as if he was a little kid.

"Of course I came to my best friend's wedding." he mumbled while trying to make me stop. He hated the way I messed his hair since it made him feel like I treated him like a kid. Which I did of course. I mean ... he was only 16, how else would I treat him!?

"And Em ... I know it's been a while but ... I'm sorry for what I said ... you know ..." he kinda stuttered and awkwardly rubbed his forehead.

"Where's May? I haven't seen her yet - ... who's that?" I questioned, completely ignoring what he was saying (since I didn't want to spend another thought on it), after spotting May not too far away with some boy that was literally staring at me.

"Who?" Peter asked slightly confused and turned around to see who I was looking at.

"That creep that keeps staring at me and looks like he's about to faint!" I whispered yelled.

"Oh that's Ned. My best friend. He really wanted to come so I kinda said he can if he will keep it cool." Peter sighed, knowing that Ned was over the moon for being here.

I glared at Peter with a death stare. Immediately he looked at me innocently and a little afraid. "What? He ... uhm ... he shouldn't have come? I can send him home if that's-..." he babbled, so quickly that he was starting to run out of breath.

"Ahh stop it. Of course I'm happy that you brought your BEST friend." I said, pointing out the word best and raised my eyebrows to make it clear that I was expecting him to say something in defence.

Peter rolled his eyes and chuckled slightly. "Oh c'mon Em, I've known Ned for ages, even before I met you ... and you know ... I need a friend at school." he explained and crossed his arms.

"Friendship is not about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said 'I’m here for you' and proved it." I recited way over dramatically and pretended to wipe away a tear.

Peter bursted out laughing. "Are you drunk? What kind of deep shit is this?"

"I got it from Pinterest ... OH SHUT UP! It's not even that bad!" I shrugged and punched his shoulder.

"Yes it is." he continued laughing and shook his head.

"Well maybe to you since you clearly don't know the meaning of it." I responded and raised my chin, proud of my comeback.

"Seriously? You have no right to be offended! You always say that Morgan is your best friend so ..." Peter protested.

"Jeez Peter she's my niece. Of course I love her, sometimes even more than Bucky. Joking. I can't compare those two." I babbled some nonsense.

"Speaking of Bucky .. where is my sexy beast?" I looked around the room with quite a few people in it.

Once again Peter almost died of laughing as a pair of tiny hands wrapped around my waist. "Aunt Emily!" Morgan shouted causing me to immediately look down.

"My best friend Morgan!" I yelled way over excitedly, pointing out the word 'best', making many people look our way.

Peter rolled his eyes and started walking away as I picked her up. "BYE PETER!" Morgan yelled after him and waved with her little hand.

Peter raised his hand and waved while still having his back turned on us and walked towards May and Ned.

"Mommy said that you should be upstairs an hour ago and that if you don't come in the next fifteen minutes, she will ... I can't say that word." Morgan spoke quickly, shaking her head at the last part.