Chapter 58

"He doesn't know we are here, does he?" I asked a clearly rhetorical question before getting out of the car.

We rented a car at the airport since for some weird reason none of the taxi drivers wanted to give us a ride because of Sprinkles. Which was completely messed up since he was even able to fly with me in the cabin after showing the papers that he is an emotional support dog. He got that 'title' after Tony died since here the doctor I visited at the time, thought I needed one to deal with ... everything.

"No ... not really. I just gotta drop something off and then ..." Bucky didn't finish his sentence, instead he just shrugged and walked out as well, straight to the trunk.

"Something?" I questioned while opening the car door at the back to attach a leash to Sprinkles's collar and let him jump out of the car.

"Something." Bucky mumbled and took out of the truck a pretty big suitcase.

I gasped in surprise. "Is it his birthday?! What did you buy him??"

"No, it's not his birthday. Honestly, I don't even know when his birthday is." Bucky chuckled while closing the trunk and walked towards me.

As he almost tripped over Sprinkles's leash, it was pretty clear that they were still on bad terms, judging by the glaring stare that he gave him. But it seemed like the hate was one-sided since Sprinkles seemed to enjoy Bucky's company ...

I looked around and as soon as my eyes spotted a familiar man standing by one of the trucks, a mischievous smile appeared on my face. "He's going to be sooo happy to see me."

"Yeah ... bet all my money on that ..." Bucky said sarcastically before taking my hand as we started walking towards the direction of our dear pal Sam.

"How do we get it off the truck?" Sam didn't notice us yet since he was talking to some of his friends or ... fellow citizens maybe?

My yaw dropped as Bucky put the suitcase down by my side and picked up the huge ... something ... from the truck and put it down on the ground as if it was nothing.

"You're welcome." he said while clapping and rubbing his palms.

I kneeled down next to Sprinkles. "Did you see that?! How is he so -..." I stopped talking when I saw Bucky looking down at me with a smug smirk and Sam looking down at me with confused and slightly surprised face expression.

"Samuel! Hi!" I said quickly and stood up. "Missed me much?" I tilted my head and looked at him with a cheerful smile.

"Don't ask the question if you don't wanna hear the true answer." Sam said but in the end he let a small smile appear on his lips as well. "I'm glad you're okay." he added.

"Wow... that's... new..." I said and nodded a little bit surprised by his last words. "Still kinda nice tho ..." I added, making Sam roll his eyes and look at Bucky.

"Why are you here?" he asked and narrowed his eyebrows while crossing arms on his chest.

"Just dropping this off. You can sign for it and I'll go. I called in a favor from the Wakandans." Bucky responded and put the already known suitcase in front of Sam.

"Open it. I'm literally begging you. I wanna know what it is." I tapped my fingers on the suitcase impatiently and looked up at Sam.

"Sam!" an unknown voice ruined my chance to finally find out what was in the damn suitcase.

Four of us turned towards the direction of the voice. I noticed that there was water splashing around from a pipe on one of the boats. Sam and Bucky immediately went over to help, however, I stopped by the woman who called Sam just a moment ago.