Chapter 52

The woman, whose name I didn't know yet was glaring at Bucky just as if there was murder on her mind. I may not recognise her but Bucky clearly did and I assumed that it must've been someone from Wakanda.

He spent two years there and ... wait a second please tell me she's not ...

"Hello ... I'm Emily." I said with a strained smile and offered her my hand.

Without even glancing my way or my hand she said something in Wakandan.

"Rude ..." I mumbled underneath my breath and slightly embarrassed moved my hand back into my pocket.

I don't speak Wakandan but I kinda assumed what she said by her last word, which was Zemo. Of course, Zemo murdered their king. They must've found out that Bucky helped him get out of prison.

"How could you free him?" she snapped at Bucky and took a few steps closer. Not gonna lie, she was intimidating.

"We need his help." he responded as I decided to lean my back against the wall of one of the buildings since it felt like there was no need for me to get in the way of their conversation.

"With time, will, and the resources, the Winter Soldier programming was removed from you like a rotten fur." she continued while slowly walking a circle around him.

"Not to mention the extra favour Shuri has done for you just as a gesture out of good will." she added and gave me a side look.

I looked down at my feet slightly uncomfortably. She was clearly talking about my eyes procedure. Was I supposed to feel guilty now, even though I don't think I've done anything wrong?

I mean ... I was definitely not the one who supported Bucky's idea of freeing Zemo but I was way over being mad at him for doing it. Knowing Bucky, he must've had a good reason.

"And I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful for everything you and Shuri have done..." Bucky spoke yet I could see it on his face that he was hurt. And I couldn't stand that.

"I know I'm not really ... I mean ... my opinion is not exactly relevant in this situation but ... I think it's pretty clear that Bucky wouldn't have helped Zemo if it wasn't for the greater good." I tried to speak with a confident voice but the cold stare of the Wakandan told me that I should've stayed silent.

"Zemo murdered our King T'Chaka at the U.N. The man who chose us. Who chose me to protect him." she snapped at me but this time, for the first time showed another emotion than anger. For a moment her eyes reflected guilt and the feeling of failure.

I nodded slowly before looking down and bit the inside of my cheek. "I'm sorry ..." I said quietly, not knowing what else to say.

"We understand ..." Bucky spoke up once again. Then he said something in Wakandan, making my yaw drop.

I mean, yes he spent time there, but hearing him speak in any other language ... hot. That's all I'm gonna say. Just ... wow.

"Eight hours, White Wolf. Then we come for him." was the last thing she said before expecting back her marbles.

Unconsciously my bottom lip pouted since deep inside I still hoped to get them. I would give one to Morgan and the other one would stay with Bucky, like some kind of lucky charm. Why the two of them? Cause you know ... at the end of the day, they are my everything.

~~~

"Can you please let me help you? You are clearly struggling." Bucky kept his hand on my back as a support as we were walking up the stairs.