Chapter 41

"Bucky wait ..." I sighed and speed walked, actually almost ran after him.

Immediately he turned around while still talking on the phone and gave me a serious questioning look.

"N ... nothing ... I just didn't want to stay behind." I mumbled as I finally reached his side. What a stupid answer.

Bucky kept looking at me for a few more seconds. I pretended like I didn't notice that and continued walking as if nothing happened.

Okay. Let's go back to my previous statement. Did I really made a mistake? Just an hour ago I was completely confident about my decision and knew that I did the right thing. But now ... I wasn't so sure anymore.

However, would I ever admit that I was wrong? Never. Trust me, me admitting that I am wrong would become a national holiday. Doubtfully ever gonna happen ...

"Sam found it and already talked to the officers. They'll let us in." Bucky informed me after finishing the call.

"You sure you wanna do this?" I asked after a few minutes of walking in silence.

"No, not really. But I think it's a right thing to do so I'm not throwing it all away just because I'm not sure if it's gonna work out." he responded casually and stopped walking, looking up at the building on our left.

Did he just ...??? Alright alright ... is it just me or was that just a tiny little personal attack? Shady move, Barnes ...

"You coming?" Bucky asked with raised eyebrows, holding the entrance door opened for me. I didn't even realise when I completely zoned out and that he was already waiting by the door.

"Mhm ..." I nodded, awkwardly ran up the stairs and inside the building. As soon as I walked in, I noticed Sam.

"Not that I'm happy to see you but ... finally." he shook his head before we all followed one of the officers down a dim lighted hallway.

I was walking a few steps behind on his left side and Bucky was walking on his right side. Mostly I kept my eye focus on the floor, folding my arms together anxiously. Maybe I should've just stayed outside ...

Sam kept glancing at me and Bucky just as if he wanted to ask something but decided not to. "Seriously, you two are the most dysfunctional pair I've ever seen. One second you look like you're gonna f-..."

"WILSON!" I yelled extremely embarrassed and kicked the area behind his left knee to shut him up.

"Ma'am we can't tolerate any form of violence. If you think that you can't control yourself, I'll have to ask you to leave the building." The officer recited just as if it was something he normally said a few times a day, making Sam snort quietly.

"Oh really? What about psychological violence? If that's the case, he should already be arrested." I snapped back and straightened my leg, hoping Sam would trip over it. Sadly he stepped over but I guess at least now I wouldn't have to spend another few hours at the ER.

"He's just through that corridor." the officer said after opening one of the doors and pointed down the hall, ignoring that I said anything.

"All right. Give us a second." said Sam and quickly signed a piece of paper that the officer took with a big amount of excitement. Wait what?!

"Oh my god ... he did not actually want your autograph." I shook my head in disbelief, after he left.

"Jealous?" Sam said with an annoying smirk, full of himself as if he just invented a cure for a fatal illness.

"I'm gonna go in alone." Bucky spoke up suddenly and made us both shut up. Damn that was a powerful move. Shuting up Sam and me just by saying one sentence ... wow.