Chapter 20

"So ... what are you going to do about that?" I asked carefully after muting the TV.

"I don't think there's much that I can do. Steve passed the shield to Sam. And he just gave it away." Bucky mumbled with a voice full of sadness.

I sighed as I thought of what to say. "Did you even talk to Sam? Maybe ... there was ... "

"He had no right to do that, Mia." he interrupted me before I could finish my sentence, now slightly irritated.

"Well technically he did. Steve left him the shield so ... yeah, he had the right to do it." I shrugged before walking to the kitchen, with Morgan following me like a little duck.

"Okay I see. We don't agree on that one." Bucky let out a shaky breath and stayed quiet after that.

I rolled my eyes, took a juice pop from a freezer and gave it to Morgan to distract her a little so I could talk in peace. Then I sat up on the kitchen counter, slightly wiggling my legs. "I'm not saying that it was a right thing to do but since you don't know Sam's perspective you cannot judge him for what he did." I explained carefully.

"Right. I gotta go now. I'll call you tomorrow. Bye." he said quickly just as if he was in a hurry. Or just as if he wanted to find a nice way to end the call.

"Oh ... uhm okay ..." I said a little surprised. "Love you ..." I almost whispered but he already hang up.

He didn't call though. Not 'tomorrow', not even a week later.

~~~

"No, she was not a good girl. I'm telling you, this kid is a problem. Can't leave her alone even for a moment. And all the begging for sweets or candies! You're lucky that I'm such a responsible adult, giving her an apple as a desert after eating a full bowl of chicken salad and not some chicken nuggets and ice cream right after that." I babbled quickly, if may I add, I sounded extremely convincing.

While I was talking, I was standing behind Morgan, covering her mouth with my hands so she wasn't able to defend herself. She tried to pull my hands away with all her strength but the weight lifting from 10 years ago still had some effect on my sTroNG arm muscles so she could not succeed. Hehehe.

Pepper rolled her eyes. "Yeah of course. I'm sure that's exactly how it was." she said sarcastically and chuckled slightly.

"Of course. I would never lie to you Pepps." I said while smiling way too nicely and finally moved my hands away from Morgan's mouth.

She ran away as quick as the Lightning McQueen drove off when Mater took the boot off his tire before he could hook him up to Bessie.

I hope you can imagine how fast that was.

However, she stopped right in front of the front door, as me and Pepper both looked at her. "Aww she doesn't want to leave without saying goodbye." I smiled at how sweet she was and spread my arms, ready for her to run into my hug.

Hell nah. She did not plan to hug me. Before walking inside she raised her middle finger and waved at me with it. My eyes widened as I slowly started walking backwards, towards my car. Pepper's yaw dropped as she saw her daughter casually flipping people off. Then she looked at me. "Did you see that?! Where did she learn this?!" she almost yelled, completely in shock.

"I have no idea. She must've seen it on TV or ... OH YEAH! She spent an hour with Peter when I went to buy some healthy food for dinner! Talk to him. Okay. It was nice seeing you Pepper! See you soon!" I babbled quickly, tried not to act suspicious and sat into the car with an extra speed.