Chapter 22

"Just please go check on him, give him food and fresh water and tell him that I'm coming home soon ... I don't care if you don't have a key! You are a freaking Spider-Man for crying out loud ... break in or something!" I was on the phone with Peter, making sure that he's going to take care of Sprinkles until I get back.

We were flying to Munich. Yes, Sam couldn't get rid of Bucky and me so he just accepted the fact that we were going with him.

"No Peter, I cannot tell you where I'm going ... no it's not an Avengers emergency. No we don't need you ... okay I'm sick of you. Bye." I sighed and hung up.

"Who was that?" Bucky asked as I sat down next to him.

"Parker. The spider kid that kicked your ass a few years ago." I responded casually and tied up my shoe laces.

Sam laughed shortly at what I said and, of course, Bucky immediately glared at him. I raised my eyebrows and reached for my phone. I needed a few moments to scroll through gallery and find the right picture.

"Just in case you forgot ..." I said with a mischievous smile and showed the screen of my phone to Sam.

" I said with a mischievous smile and showed the screen of my phone to Sam

His smile disappeared as soon as he saw the picture. "I hate you." he mumbled.

Now I was the one laughing and for a few more minutes I kept zooming in Sam's face which for some reason I found extremely entertaining.

"Holy shit ..." I flinched as some kind of an alarm went off.

"One minute to drop off, Sam." said a friend of Sam, who's name was still a mystery.

"Hi! I'm Emily." I said cheerfully and offered him a hand as a greeting.

"Yeah I know. You were Tony Stark's sister." he said quickly and by his voice and the way he looked at me it seemed like he was intimidated by my presence.

Which was weird since there was an
ex-assassin sitting right next to me yet he didn't seem frightened by him. Anyway.

"I'll always be his sister. However, I still prefer being called Emily." I said, slightly hurt by the way he used past tense. I knew that he didn't mean it in an offensive way but I would lie if I didn't admit that it felt just as if a cold fist grabbed my heart when he said it the way he did.

"So ... what's our plan?" Bucky quickly asked Sam to break the uncomfortable silence and to get my mind off the previous conversation, which I honestly really appreciated.

Sam didn't bother to answer. After a few moments of just staring back at Bucky, he stood up. Bucky followed him and so did I. All of us took a pair of earpieces and put them into our ears so we could keep in touch in case we go our separate ways.