Chapter 34

Bucky's POV

I was standing by the reception counter, waiting for the police officer to finish the paperwork. I couldn't wait to get out of here, expecially since I promised Mia to be waiting for her after she finishes her doctor visit.

Now, she was most likely already done, probably at home. God I knew she was going to be mad. Adorably mad.

Yet I couldn't help myself but smile slightly at the thought of how many jokes she will come up with after I tell her, that the reason why I wasn't waiting for her, was because I got arrested ... for not going to therapy.

"James? I won't be waiting all day." Dr. Raynor said and walked into one of the interrogation rooms. She also seemed in even worse mood than usually. Great, that's gonna be fun.

I walked after her and surprisingly Sam came too. "What are you doing here?"

"Trust me, I'm asking myself the same question." he said and sat down by the table, clearly in even worse mood than the doc.

I sighed and sat down as well. Maybe it would be better to just stay in jail.

"So, who wants to go first?" Dr. Raynor started. At that moment I would rather be anywhere but here. "No volunteers? Wow. How surprising. Okay. We’re going to do an exercise. It’s something I use with couples when they are trying to figure out what kind of life they wanna build together."

"You gotta be kidding me ... No offense doc but I already found a person I wanna build a life with and it's definitely not Sam." I said, actually considering to leave at this point.

Dr. Raynor and Sam exchanged some unusual looks that didn't tell much, yet I knew they knew something I didn't.

"James, it's just a type of exercise." she responded after a few moments of awkward silence. "Okay, it goes like this. Suppose that while you’re sleeping, a miracle occurs. When you wake up, what is something that you would like to see that would make your life better?"

"I already have what I want." I responded truthfully. I had Mia. There was nothing I needed in my life as much as I needed her.

"About that ..." Sam started but doctor interrupted him with a death stare.

"Everything you want?" she asked, looking back at me. They were both acting weird but I guess that's just the way they always were.

I pretended to think for a few moments. "Actually, in my miracle, he would… he would talk less." I said and pointed at Sam who, in response, laughed sarcastically.

"Exactly what I was gonna say. Isn’t that ironic?" he added and shook his head.

I rolled my eyes and tried not to give police officers a reason to arrest me again.

"You guys are leaving me with no choice. It’s time for the soul-gazing exercise. Turn around. Face each other."

"Alright. Let’s do it. Let’s stare." I said and turned towards Sam. I knew that my staring was one thing that always pissed him off so I really had nothing to complain about and rather tried to enjoy this.

"Oh god he's gonna love this. This is a good exercise. Thanks, Doc." Sam said sarcastically, obviously on the edge of losing his coolness.

"Get closer." the doc rolled her eyes impatiently.

Closer?! We were already close enough that I could barely stop myself from not punching his annoying face. However, we did move our chairs even closer.