That's not the point

I wake up slowly due to feeling kisses all over my face. I open my eyes and see Damon hovering over me. I smile up at him.

" Hey baby." His voice was low and rough. I love his morning voice.

" Hey my love." I flip our positions so I'm now straddling his waist.

" RISE AND SHINE!" Stefan busted into Damon's room and laid down on the spot next to us.

" Ugh, it's still early." I lean down and lay on Damon's chest. Damon play's with a strand of my hair. Stefan chuckled.

" Come on angel. We're going to have a slumber party of our own." Stefan said flirtatiously.

" Maybe I should get up." I replied and sped into the bathroom hearing Damon and Stefan laugh.

::

" Ready for our romantic weekend?" Stefan asked as I walked downstairs. Our bags in his hands.

" Yes. Just said bye to Damon and I texted Elena and Jeremy. I'm all good." I went to take my bag but he moved away.

" I got it. Now let's go." I pecked his lips and we walked to the car. Stefan opened the door for me. I smiled and thanked him before getting in. Once I sat down my phone buzzed.

Jules and Brady just showed me and talked about Katherine. They think she's Elena. They're going to go after her. I don't know when. - T.L

I showed Stefan the text and he sighed.

" We can never get a break, can we?" He asked.

" I guess not." I sighed to.

" We can stay and not-."

" No! we're going. I have back up." I cut him off.

" You sure?" He asked.

" Yup." I smile at him reassuringly. He nodded and started the car up before taking off. I looked down at my phone and texted the person I know will help.

You feel like helping your amazing niece?

Of course princess.

Can you keep watch on Elena? People may or may not come after her and I can't be there to protect her right now.

I thought you didn't need extra protection?

Please uncle Hades!

I didn't say I wasn't going to do it.

Your the best!

I know.

I roll my eyes with a smile and make sure to text Elena about everything before putting my phone away. Stefan lays his hand on my thigh. I look up at him and smile at him. I look back down at his hand and intertwine our fingers. I kiss the back of his hand and he does the same.

::

Stefan and I pull up to the lake house in Stefan's Porsche. I stares up at the house and sighs.

" You alright?" Stefan looks at me with concern.

" I'm good. I just haven't been back here since before..." I trail off still looking the house over.

" Oh, my god." Stefan turns to fully face me, slinging his arm over the back of my seat.

" Liza listen, just say the word, all right? We'll get back on that highway, we'll go anywhere else." I look at him and smile.

" I'm happy i'm here Stefan. Now let's go." I open the car door and walk out to the trunk so I can grab my bag.