Romance Novel Stare

(outfit she had for the party above)

" So you were born in Mystic Falls?" Caroline asked him.

" Yup and I moved when I was still young." He answered back. I smiled at him reassuringly. He gave back a grateful smile.

" Parents?" Bonnie asked Stefan.

" My parents passed away." Stefan said looking at each of us. Stopping at me.

" I'm sorry." I said softly looking at him. He nodded shortly. " Any siblings?" I asked kindly.

" None that I talk too. I uh live with my uncle." He told me nodding his head as he spoke. We looked at each other.

" So Stefan, If your new you don't know about the party tomorrow." Caroline said resting her chin on her fist looking at Stefan dreamingly.

" It's a back to school thing at the falls." Bonnie said. Stefan nodded and turned to me.

" Are you going?" He asked. I was about to object but Bonnie spoke up for me.

" Of course she is." Bonnie said looking at me and shot me a smile. I rolled my eyes at her. Stefan looked at me and I smiled at him tucking hair behind my ear.

::

~ Stefan's pov but 3rd person ~

Stefan was changing his shirt when all of a sudden his nephew walks into his room with a newspaper.

" You promised." Zach said to his uncle sternly. Stefan grabbed the newspaper to read it.  He shook his head.

" This was an animal attack." Stefan said looking at Zach.

" Don't give me that. I know the game. You tear them up enough and they suspect an animal attack. I thought you had it under control." Zach said to Stefan pointing his finger at him.

" And I do." Stefan said staring at Zach in the eyes. Turning back around to his things.

" Please uncle Stefan. Mystic Falls is a different place now. It's be quite for years. You being here is just going to stir things up." Zach said to Stefan.

" That's not my intention." Stefan said simply staring at Zach again.

" Then what is? Why did you back after all this time. Why now?" Zach questioned rapidly.

" I don't have to explain myself." Stefan said sternly still looking at Zach.

" I know that you can't change what you are. But you don't belong here anymore." Stefan looked down.

" Where do I belong?" Looking back up at his nephew.

" I can't tell you what to do." Zach sallowed. " Put coming back here was a mistake." Zach finished dropping the newspaper on Stefan's coffee table and walked out.

Stefan pulled out a red journal and opened it. There was a picture of a girl that looked exactly like Elena. Her name was Katherine.

::

" How many casualties resulted in this battle?" Mr.Tanner asked the class. No one spoke up. I knew the answer but stood quite.

" Ms. Bennett." Mr. Tanner called in her.

" Umm a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot." Bonnie said making me and Matt laugh.

" Cute becomes dumb in an instant Ms.Bennett." Mr.Tanner said making me glare at him and Bonnie to frown.