running from Riley

Epov

Bella insisted on carrying some of the stuff and refused to let me carry her. She work through the pain and walked or should I say limp her way with me. We needed to get deeper and higher then work our way down the way the river goes. I got some food with me but if I had to I could hunt for food. I looked back at Bella and could see the pain that she was in.

"Bella, are you alright?" She looks up at me. "I'm fine, we need to keep going." That's my Bella always thinking of everything else never about herself.

                                        Charlie pov

I was sitting in my office when I had this strong sense that something was wrong. I couldn't shake it all day for some odd reason. It was just eating at the pit of my stomach. Then I get a phone call from Esme. This is strange I usually hear from Carlisle. "Hello Esme so what do I owe the pleasure of hearing from you today?"

"Charlie, I called and it may be stupid or a mother's intuition I don't care, but I know there something wrong with the kids." She told me.
"You're far from stupid Esme. But I think you're right I been having this feeling something been wrong to today to. I think I'm going to grab my buddy Sam and go head up to the river."

"Thank you Charlie." She said. "Your welcome, Esme. I will call you if I have any news." Just then Jasper walked in. "Hey, Charlie are we still on for Saturday to go meet Bella and Edward?" That's right Jasper was going with me this time before he went down to Arizona for a month.

"Yeah, but you want to take a little trip with me now and I will explain on the way?" I asked him. "Sure Charlie." He looked at me a little confused. I called Sam. He said he meet me with Harry. They ran the reservation sheriff department I set up to make it safer. Because of all the crime on the reservation.

Once we got up to where we were suppose to meet Bella and Edward. I told them that I had a bad feeling. But then Esme called me. When that woman gets a bad feeling you better just be safe than sorry only because she been right all the time.

We spanned out and started looking up river. We were only going to as far as the rapid because it wasn't that far up river. "CHARLIE OVER HERE!" I heard Harry call out after about an hour. "That's Bella and Edward canoe." It was banged up. "Charlie didn't they have 2 canoes?" Jasper asked. "Yes! Something not right here. We need to get on the other side of the river and look more."

If I know does 2 if there trouble they would of left some type of clue. We found a shallow spot to cross. But noticed something. "Charlie someone got out of here, they traveled that way. But it's only one person."

"Alright, we keep looking along the river's edge for a clue, I know there's one." As we made our way up we found another place where someone got out of the river but there's 2 people and ones hurt and Harry found dog prints. I didn't like the idea that one was hurt but at least I know there together. Then I heard Jasper. He was at the beginning of the rapids. "Charlie you really need to see this!" I walked over to him and there was the other canoe like it was hidden. But it was written in the dirt was the name. RILEY.

"SHIT!" "What is it Charlie?" Sam asked me. "Only that my daughter is in more danger then we can ever imagine. Edward is traveling up the mountain then he going to try to go down river." I told them. "How do you know this Charlie?" Sam asked."Because, the first pick up spot we had I told Edward if they ran into danger go that way."

Once we got back to town so we can organize a search party, I called Carlisle. Then I called Renee. As much as I hated to and in a way I blame the women for this. She is Bella mother and she has a right to know. Yes I blame her, I know I shouldn't. But if it wasn't for her dragging my baby girl off to Arizona none of this probably would've never happened. It's just how I felt. She left me and Bella, when Bella was only an infant.