Chapter 120

They had practice matches later in the day, so Lu Boyuan stopped streaming after less than three hours.

But that didn't stop his stream replay from being downloaded by countless people who edited and compiled together his conversation with Jian Rong, along with all of his responses to the "partner"-related questions. Then, they uploaded and shared the videos with their brothers and sisters on the internet. It didn't take long before it ended up on the hot search.

Ding-ge didn't take any measures to address this. At this point, it was too hypocritical of them to suppress the hot search or deny anything. In the first place, they were simply an esports team, and he also had more pressing issues at hand to deal with.

They had three practice matches scheduled in the afternoon. By the time they were done, it was already dark outside, and the streetlights were just beginning to flicker on.

Lu Boyuan was treating them to takeout tonight. The delivery driver's call came in, and Lu Boyuan answered it briefly before he went downstairs to retrieve the food. Ding-ge was afraid that his hand couldn't lift something that heavy, and since he had business to discuss with Lu Boyuan as well, he went down to help him before Jian Rong could.

Xiao Bai stood up and gave a huge stretch. "I can't, I can't. I'm so hungry that I don't even know how to throw out my hook anymore."

Jian Rong closed the match overview. "Do you think that can excuse you from the fact that you only landed two hooks this entire game?"

Xiao Bai wasn't ashamed in the slightest about his innumerable foolish plays in the last game. "My ge said before that you can't blame your teammates for losing a game... but does my ge only listen to you now?"

As they were talking, Jian Rong unplugged his and Lu Boyuan's peripherals before he gathered them up in his arms and got ready to return to the practice room.

Xiao Bai assessed his behavior and questioned curiously, "Or are you the one who listens to my ge?"

At the end of his patience, Jian Rong set down the peripherals and tugged up his short sleeves, revealing his skinny arms. "Why don't you ask my fist that question."

In the end, the fight didn't erupt, because Xiao Bai bolted and vanished.

That evening, everyone ate dinner while watching MSI's play-in stage1.

Although the Spring Split champion of every competitive region could participate in the "League of Legends' Mid-Season Invitational," not every league's champion could directly enter the group stage.

There were twelve professional leagues and twelve spring champions. Only six teams could participate in the main event.

Of those six spots, four were fixed: the LPL, the professional league for mainland China; the LCK, the professional league for Korea; the LEC, the professional league for Europe; and the LCS, the professional league for North America.

Because of their outstanding performance at last year's Worlds, these four professional leagues were qualified to immediately enter MSI's group stage.

The other eight "wildcard teams" would need to fight for the last two remaining places via the play-in stage.

Wildcard teams referred to teams from professional leagues that didn't have a mature LoL competitive system yet. As a whole, the competitive regions that these teams belonged to weren't very strong, so they weren't allocated much in terms of the prize pool. For example, these leagues included VCS, the professional region for Vietnam; LJL, the professional region for Japan; and the TCL, the professional region for Turkey.