Chapter 2

As he watched two unfamiliar-looking players come on stage wearing TTC's team uniform, Jian Rong momentarily forgot to drink the canned coffee that he had just opened. Question marks swept wildly across the barrage to the point that Jian Rong's computer even lagged for a few seconds.

Never mind the audience, even the two TTC substitute players who just took the stage—especially the one replacing Road—seemed to look a little perplexed.

All three commentators wore awkward and puzzled smiles as they exchanged looks with each other.

"TTC... must have some tactic in mind, right?" Commentator A stiffly tossed out a new topic.

After receiving his colleague's signal, another person quickly nodded. "They definitely must have practiced some new ultimate maneuver. But if I'm not remembering incorrectly, this should be the first time TTC's substitute jungler has ever gone on stage?"

"That's right. This jungler is also very powerful, and he's a player excellent at engaging in team fights."

The game hadn't officially started yet, and Jian Rong didn't want to listen to the commentators' cringey conversation, so he muted the official broadcast. He asked, "When did TTC get a substitute jungler?"

Actually, this already wasn't the first time TTC's substitute jungler had been brought up as a subject of conversation.

As early as the competition enrollment period, fans had discovered that there was an unfamiliar face at the very bottom of TTC's roster. Rumor had it that he was a jungler who came straight from the youth training team. Because of that incident, TTC's official Weibo had been blown up by the fans before—to be more exact, it had been blown up by Road's fans before.

After all, TTC possessed the ace jungler Road. Ever since Road joined the team, TTC's substitute roster had never once arranged for a jungler.

[This sub seems to have been here since the summer season.]

[If the mid sub had gone up last match, maybe TTC would have had a higher chance of winning.]

[This substitute jungler is finally here, after sitting on the bench for an entire season. If he didn't show up soon I was gonna assume that TTC just grabbed him to make up for team numbers.]

[Just what kind of ultimate maneuver does TTC have, curious.]

Jian Rong lifted an eyebrow and didn't say anything.

Even if TTC really did have some mysterious trick up their sleeve, there was still no reason for them not to use Road and instead make a substitute who had never gone on stage before cooperate with the team.

His phone rang briefly, and Jian Rong unmuted the official broadcast before he openly picked up his phone and slacked off.

[Shiliu1: Big bro, how the hell do you have the guts to say whatever you want?]

Shiliu was one of Jian Rong's few close friends, and he was also a male streamer on StarTV. He played LoL before, but now he had changed lanes and was messing around in the PUBG channel.

[R-ong2: What about it?]

[Shiliu: You actually implied that Kan is matchfixing in front of millions of people?? Are you not afraid of his fans going after you?]

[R-ong: I'm not even afraid of the man himself, why would I be scared of his fans?]

Shiliu originally wanted to reply with a "you're so awesome," but then he remembered that his friend seemed to have always been this awesome.

[Shiliu: You should just restrain yourself a little bit, I really am afraid that one day these LPL players are gonna band together and hire a contract killer to go after you.]