Chapter 9

Right after the competition ended, the intersections near the stadium were extremely backed up.

The car inched forward a tiny bit before stalling again. Shiliu decided to just put the car in park and turned to look at the passenger seat.

Jian Rong's elbow was propped on the windowsill, the palm of his hand placed seemingly casually against the back of his neck. He was currently staring outside.

Shiliu narrowed his eyes and leaned closer to him. Sensing the other person's gaze, Jian Rong's head whipped around. "What?"

"Why is your face still so red?" Shiliu looked him up and down. "Where did Xiao Bai bump into you? Should I take you to the hospital?"

Jian Rong covered his nape, which was burning faintly, and said, "It's fine, I'm not hurt. It's just because of the cold from sitting there too long."

Shiliu let out an "oh" and sat back in his seat. "Qian-ge is such a good person, he's even willing to take us out the back door. Actually, it's been a long time since I've contacted him..."

Jian Rong listened to him distractedly as he took out his phone and glanced at it. The screen was already filled with Weibo notifications.

Before the cars started moving again, Shiliu glanced at the hat that Jian Rong was holding and laughed. "Could it be that you're not actually a fan of the whole team, you just like Road?"

Jian Rong said, "En."

"When did you become a fan?" Shiliu made small talk.

Jian Rong said, "During a competition."

"Which competition?" Shiliu asked, "How long have you been a fan? Where did that hat come from? In TTC, I still like Pine quite a bit, his Aphelios and Ezreal really are strong... you play mid, so how come you're a fan of Road?"

He didn't get an answer. Shiliu turned his head, puzzled, and discovered Jian Rong was also looking at him.

Jian Rong's face was still red, but by now he had already regained an expression that looked just as contemptuous as it did during his streams.

He said, "Focus on yourself, mind your own business."

Shiliu: "..."

When they arrived at the neighborhood gate, Jian Rong rejected the umbrella that Shiliu wanted to give him and got out of the car. "Thanks, I'll treat you to a meal next time."

Shiliu didn't hold back. "I'll choose the location."

"Okay."

"Hey, wait a second." Shiliu stopped him and glanced at the nearby shabby neighborhood. "Why are you still living here? One of my friends happens to be renting out a place. The price is negotiable, but you can definitely afford it. The location and environment are both much better than here, how about I introduce you?"

Jian Rong shook his head without even considering it. "No need, I'm used to living here."

The environment around the place he lived was indeed average, and the location was out of the way as well, but that didn't matter much to Jian Rong, who only left the house once in a blue moon. As long as he had a clean bed and a computer that was connected to WiFi, he could live anywhere.

It was still raining, but it was just a very light drizzle. As Jian Rong watched Shiliu's car drive away down the narrow road, he stuffed his hat into his jacket and pulled the zipper up high before turning and going home.

By the time TTC returned to the base, Xiao Bai was still hung up on what happened at the back entrance.

"Relax, it's really not a big deal." Yuan Qian said, "If you're truly that afraid of Soft, I can ask Shiliu to put in a word for you."