Chapter 20

After watching Jian Rong return to the practice room, Ding-ge made a cup of Ovaltine for himself before closing the door to the break room.

"There's another thing." Ding-ge massaged his forehead. "Someone from the legal department came over, and the penalty fee they calculated is quite high. The LPL's approach to this matter is unyielding, so Kan probably won't even be able to stream in the future. Once the announcement is made... he'll be as good as finished."

Matchfixing was extremely malicious behavior. When everyone first found out, they seethed with anger, and Xiao Bai and Yuan Qian itched to drag Kan back from the LPL and give him a beating. But once more time passed, everyone inevitably couldn't help but recall that period when they all struggled, ate instant noodles, and fought through small competitions together.

During Kan's early years in the team, he was a very enthusiastic and sincere person. He left home when he was quite young to start working for his family, and he persevered from esports' unpopular phase all the way until now.

Because he had been in the team for a long time, everyone in the team more or less had received his help.

Later on, the esports industry grew more and more superficial, and the new replaced the old more and more quickly. Endorsements and signing fees in the upper millions easily led many people astray.

Kan didn't have enough willpower, and regretfully ended up on the wrong path.

Ding-ge rubbed his eyes and said resentfully, "Originally, I was planning to have him transition to behind the scenes. Even though a coach's salary isn't as high as a player's, at the very least it's still a decent job... never mind. His luggage is all packed already, and the car is about to arrive at the base. I booked an airplane ticket back to his hometown for him."

Lu Boyuan lowered his eyes and gave a somewhat indifferent noise of agreement.

"That's all, I just wanted to be transparent with you, since you have an interview in a few days. At that time, how to respond if you're asked about this... you can decide by yourself." Ding-ge glanced at the time. "The car is going to get here soon, I'll go out and take care of it."

Lu Boyuan nodded and put down his cup before he remembered something. "What team is this afternoon's practice match scheduled with?"

"MFG." Ding-ge said, "Their coach has been trying to schedule a match with me for a long time, it just happened to work out this time."

As one of the LPL's powerhouse teams, TTC would receive numerous practice match invitations every week. Most of the teams who came looking for them were of average or above strength. Teams who didn't have good scores firstly didn't have a way in to schedule practice matches, and secondly, they knew that they weren't powerful enough. Never mind if they won or not, they might even ultimately shatter their own players' mental fortitude by accident.

Although MFG got no further than the top sixteen in this year's World Championship, their overall strength had already risen a lot, so they were perfect for practicing with a newcomer.

Lu Boyuan nodded. "Got it."

Not long after Jian Rong went back to the practice room, someone pushed open the practice room door.

Kan stood outside the door and didn't enter, holding his luggage. He licked his lips a few times before he finally said, "I'm leaving now. I'm sorry."

Before he came, Xiao Bai was in the middle of duo queueing with Pine and farming League Points. Xiao Bai's cries and Pine's disdainful tongue clicks filled the entire room.

The moment he spoke, the two of them instantly quieted down.

They didn't look back, nor did they stop playing the game, as if they didn't see the person standing in the doorway at all.