Chapter 57

Jian Rong snapped out of it only when Lu Boyuan had already walked down the steps that led up to their seats and turned to look back at him questioningly.

He saw that Lu Boyuan was almost imperceptibly opening and closing his right hand. Jian Rong also liked to do that when his own hands felt tired.

Jian Rong set his headphones down on the table before he stood up and followed Lu Boyuan to go shake hands.

The handshake was a very short segment of the competition. The winners used it to show off, while the losing team wasn’t in the mood to talk at all.

Fighting Tiger’s players were evidently different from normal people.

The first few members weren’t too bad; at the most, they just said ‘God Lu is awesome.’ But once they reached Fighting Tiger’s Da Niu…

Ah-Niu smiled. “Your Ignite Graves is awesome.”

Lu Boyuan said, “It’s alright.”

“Our coach finally managed to get our jungler to drop his bad habit of picking Graves. After this match, he’ll probably pick it back up again.” Ah-Niu sighed. “Next time we meet, we’ll definitely crush you in the early game.”

Lu Boyuan’s tone was mostly emotionless. “You won’t be able to.”

Ah-Niu laughed heartily and was about to say something else when he suddenly sensed a somewhat unfriendly gaze come from behind Lu Boyuan.

The other three TTC members were all ahead of Lu Boyuan, so there was only one person trailing after him.

Jian Rong glared at the hands that the two people in front of him had been shaking for quite a while. The more he looked, the deeper his eyebrows furrowed, and he urged coldly, “Can you hurry it up?”

Ah-Niu: “…”

Once the handshakes concluded, the players tidied up their equipment and went offstage.

Xiao Bai dismantled his keyboard. “It felt so great being carried in that last game. How about we have a one-shot Graves in every game from now on?”

Pine said, “You were being carried, but I wasn’t. My score was 3/0/3.”

“Captain, you’re okay, right?” Yuan Qian tilted his head and asked, “You played very urgently in that final round, is it because…”

Yuan Qian’s words reminded the other two people. Xiao Bai and Pine simultaneously stopped moving to look at Lu Boyuan.

“Mn.” Lu Boyuan unplugged the keyboard from the USB port. “Feeling sleepy, wanted to finish faster so I can go back and rest.”

Xiao Bai wanted to ask something else, but then Jian Rong, who was silently packing up his own equipment the entire time, stood and picked up the keyboard from Lu Boyuan’s table. He then carefully coiled the keyboard’s cable.

Jian Rong said, “I’ll help bring it down for you.”

Lu Boyuan glanced at him. “Okay.”

The other three people looked at their team’s mid laner and jungler in confusion.

The commentators and spectators were also baffled.