Chapter 67

After Ding-ge announced that those who reported smokers would be rewarded, not only did nobody report anything, some people even went so far as to cover up and take the blame for someone else—that was really freaking something that Ding-ge would’ve absolutely never expected.

The sound of money entering his wallet rang through the air.

Even though Lu Boyuan had never once been penalized by the LPL in his five year career, he had lost quite a bit of money to Ding-ge. For the past year, it could be said that he, Yuan Qian, and Pine were the three people who had paid for all of TTC’s midnight snacks.

“Transferred the money to you.” Lu Boyuan put away his phone.

Only then did Ding-ge remember: if he could only pick one person who was the most proficient in handing over the penalty fee, then that person would still be Lu Boyuan.

Actually, Ding-ge didn’t ban smoking before. After all, nine out of ten professional players all smoked. The pressure in this profession was too great; newcomers continuously poured in and the audience had strict expectations. A player could be insulted to the point that they entered the hot search just for losing a single match, so the taste of nicotine could grant them a moment of reprieve.

But at the beginning of last year, a professional player found out that he had end stage lung cancer, and he retired then and there.

Getting lung cancer at only 23 years old: that piece of news scared countless clubs, and one after another they internally required that their players quit smoking.

Ding-ge clenched his teeth and came out with this callous rule. However, he used all the penalty money that he received on the players themselves. He was the one who paid for takeout, eating out at restaurants, and even occasionally new clothes. In fact, it was basically the same as everyone putting their money into a savings account with him.

“Didn’t you already quit, more or less?” Ding-ge frowned. “How come you took it back up again recently?”

Lu Boyuan slipped his phone into his pocket. “I only smoked one cigarette, most of it is the smell of the barbeque stand.”

Ding-ge pondered over it briefly. XIU was most likely in a bad mood if he were to call Lu Boyuan over in the middle of the night, and linking that to PUD’s recent internal news…

He gave an almost imperceptible sigh. “In any case, smoke a little less. I bought breakfast, go and eat up.”

TTC’s practice room was especially noisy today—

Yuan Qian took a gulp of water. “What champions have I been practicing lately… of course I can’t say. Just wait and see, you’ll find out soon enough. Water friends who haven’t followed me yet, hit that follow button, I’m only two hundred away from rounding out the follower count.”

Pine: “Thank you for the gift.”

“Come come come it’s the end of the month bros, help me charge onto the rankings, all your free gifts will reset next month! Kongkong just stole 16 points from me, I’m bound to surpass him on today’s livestream ranking!” Xiao Bai leaned in towards the barrage. “What? You’re saving it for my ge? Don’t worry, my ge won’t be streaming again this month, he might not even stream next month. Giving it to Soft? His stream is ranked so high, he doesn’t need it—”