Chapter 65

TTC’s second team wasn’t doing very well in the current LDL spring season, so the second team’s coach sought out Ding-ge to discuss it numerous times. After Ding-ge solicited the agreement of the first team’s members, he finally set up this practice match with the second team.

After the second team’s members entered the lobby, they collectively greeted the first team in the chat, calling every single one of them ge.

[TTC-K Xiao Ya: Rong-ge, good evening.]

Everyone else laughed when they saw Jian Rong being addressed as ge.

[TTC ་ Qian: Don’t call him that, Xiao Rong probably isn’t even as old as you all are.]

[TTC-K Xiao Ya: …then how should I address him 0.0]

[TTC ་ Bye: ‘Esports male god.’]

Jian Rong ignored Xiao Bai’s deafening laughter in his headphones and expressionlessly typed.

[Just Watch My Gameplay: You can just call me Soft]

[TTC-K Xiao Ya: Okay!]

After entering the game, Xiao Bai pulled up the scoreboard out of habit and voiced the problem that he had been dying to ask about all along. “Jian Rong, look at your game ID.”

Jian Rong’s thoughts were focused on that iPad in his room. “What’s wrong with my ID.”

Xiao Bai said, “It doesn’t match at all with ours.”

Jian Rong’s competition account was named TTC ་ Soft, but he had never changed the usernames of his own LoL accounts, including all his side accounts and his Korean account.

Jian Rong originally wanted to say “we’re teammates not a married couple why do we have to match,” but then when he saw his own ID placed next to Lu Boyuan’s, he felt like it was indeed out of place.

It was just an ID. A name change cost only a few dozen yuan, and Jian Rong wasn’t that stingy. As a result, he asked, “Should I change it then?”

Lu Boyuan said, “No need.”

When Jian Rong heard that, he subconsciously glanced to the side out of the corner of his eyes. He couldn’t openly look over, so he could only see Lu Boyuan’s hand as it gripped his mouse.

His fingers were curled, and he appeared to be very relaxed.

Lu Boyuan spoke again. “No one will force you to change your ID, you can make it whatever you like.”

“It’s true that there isn’t such a rule in the team.” Ding-ge was standing behind them. “Before, it was because Xiao Lu chose this name on his new account, so the others also ended up changing their own IDs when they saw it.”

Jian Rong was startled. “New account?”

“Mn, at the time…” Ding-ge was about to say something but hesitated. Finally, he said, “In short, he created a new account.”

“The old account was used in an account-sealing bet with someone, and I lost, so I stopped using that account.” Lu Boyuan played it down. “After that, I just kept playing on my friend’s account, which had a lot of champions. I only created this account after joining the team. I was too lazy to come up with a name, which is why I used the team ID.”