Chapter 3

The next afternoon, right after he woke up, Jian Rong saw that he had a few messages on his phone.

[Shiliu: Are you awake yet, big bro?]

[Shiliu: I heard that the platform is about to have a big reform again, restrain yourself a little in your recent livestreams, don't flame so much.]

Jian Rong rubbed his eyes and replied with an "I know," but he didn't take it too seriously.

When the livestream platform reformed this and that, in the end it was all about the same few things. It wasn't like he did anything pornographic or hacked the game, so it shouldn't affect him.

Since it wasn't time to livestream yet, Jian Rong decided to browse Weibo for a bit. He didn't expect to see the same name covering his screen the moment he opened the app.

He only followed blogs related to e-sports on Weibo, so naturally the only things flooding his feed would be topics related to e-sports. There were even a few topics that had already climbed their way onto Weibo's hot search, refusing to come down.

#Road rumored to retire#

#Looking back on Road's five year pro career#

#The end of Road's legend?#

......

Jian Rong blinked, and some of his sleepiness dispersed.

He flipped over and slowly scrolled down the screen.

The topic of "Road's retirement" had already climbed to the number one spot on the hot search, even surpassing last night's semifinals topic. It had an astonishing popularity.

But that was also to be expected. Who was Road? As soon as he joined the team, he had carried TTC, which had just been muddling around in the secondary league for many years, into the LPL. The next year, he seized the World Championship trophy and received the "Most Popular Player" title two years in a row. He was TTC's pillar, as well as the most popular star player as of late in the LPL competitive division.

Usually, even a little interview about Road could enter the hot search, never mind something huge like retirement.

Some e-sports marketing accounts had already issued articles to stir up the mood. The comments were full of crying and heartbroken emoticons as the fans all expressed their unwillingness to believe the news.

Jian Rong also didn't really believe it.

There were only a few circumstances under which a professional player would retire—they weren't scoring well, they weren't strong enough, or their APM was declining. Judging from the way Road played yesterday, all three of those circumstances could be directly eliminated.

Jian Rong went to check out TTC's official account. The last thing the official account posted was still the competition report from last night's semifinals.

Road's Weibo was even more tranquil. The most recent sign of movement was a commercial that was posted a month ago.

[Shiliu: Have you gone on Weibo yet? Everyone's saying Road is gonna retire.]

[R-ong: Saw it. Where did the info come from?]

[Shiliu: Seems like it's insider info, apparently Road has a hand injury.]

As Jian Rong brushed his teeth, he recalled Road's expression during the competition last night.

That was the kind of performance someone with a hand injury could pull off??

He randomly clicked on a few of Road's posts. Even though the actual person hadn't said anything yet, the comment section was already full of fans' messages. Of course, there were quite a few anti-fans' attacks mixed in as well.