Chapter 82

XIU was still singing the song that Jian Rong couldn’t understand a single word of.

In order to respond to Ding-ge’s messages, Jian Rong had been holding his phone the entire time. If his grip was any stronger, his phone would probably explode from how hard he was squeezing it.

I’ve been found out.

When that thought popped up, Jian Rong gave himself a scare.

XIU let out another “slam dunking on your head,” which was so loud the neighboring room could probably hear it and was about to come over waving a knife, dragging Jian Rong out of his thoughts.

Jian Rong questioned, “…why are you asking that.”

His guilty conscience reached its peak, and he unconsciously kept blinking as he spoke.

Lu Boyuan didn’t hear him. He tilted his head a bit towards Jian Rong, indicating for him to say it again.

Jian Rong could smell the scent of alcohol on Lu Boyuan. Together with the tobacco, it combined into a different sort of heart-throbbing fragrance.

Jian Rong froze completely and didn’t move at all. “I said… why are you asking that, does Ding-ge need – need to record it? Afraid that I’m going to start dating early?”

Then, he heard Lu Boyuan let out a muffled laugh, heavy and low, suppressing XIU’s incongruous rapping.

Maintaining that same distance, Lu Boyuan lifted his chin and said in Jian Rong’s ear, “I’m the one who wants to know.”

A second later, he spoke again. “You’re eighteen, it doesn’t count as dating early.”

Simultaneously as Jian Rong’s brain crashed, he didn’t forget to curse out his stream’s water friends in his mind. They were constantly brainwashing him with ‘don’t date early, it’ll affect your career,’ making it so that at a freaking critical moment like this, he was still preoccupied with BS about dating early or not.

Because of Jian Rong’s appearance, he frequently received comments calling him effeminate or gay while he was streaming. Each time, he would unhesitatingly toss out an “I’m your dad.”

But right now, not only was he unable to say a single word denying it, he also freaked out. The feeling of being caught peeking at Lu Boyuan back at the base when they were watching whatever butterflies-inducing video returned with a vengeance. 

At the time, he had indeed been caught peeking.

Then what about this time? This time, he hadn’t done anything at all, so how come he still had this misperception that Lu Boyuan had him seized by the collar……… 

Lu Boyuan set down his glass. It was an extremely mundane gesture, but in Jian Rong’s guilty eyes, it seemed like a prompt for him to hurry up.

As a result, Jian Rong’s mind spun as he grew flustered, and he said, completely irrelevantly, “What’s the reason for asking this? Do you discriminate against gay people?”

Two seconds later, Jian Rong thought, What kind of nonsense question did I just ask, I might as well slap myself three times in punishment.