Chapter 5

For once, TTC's base was quiet for the entire day. The semifinals the previous day didn't go well, so nobody was in the mood to play around. After they woke up, everyone either holed up in the living room or in their own room to watch the competition replay or a movie to pass the time.

A series of hasty footsteps interrupted the momentary peace. Xiao Bai charged straight from the living room to the practice room, holding his phone, gasping for air as he shouted, "Ge—someone hacked into your livestream account!!"

His ge was sitting in front of the computer, his posture a bit relaxed.

When Lu Boyuan sensed the movement, he removed half of his headphones and slowly looked back. "?"

"Someone hacked into your livestream account and they're sending out gifts from it. And they're sending it to that bluenette dumb—" His voice abruptly cut off.

The sky was already dark outside, and the lights in the practice room weren't on, so the only source of light in the room was Lu Boyuan's desktop monitor in front of him. With one hand on the door frame, Xiao Bai squinted and finally managed to make out what was on the monitor. He firmly swallowed the "ass" that he had yet to say back into his stomach.

A familiar livestream interface was displayed on the monitor, and the exaggerated special effects that could only be triggered by a "Sea of Stars" gift floated across the screen.

There was a tiny video at the bottom left corner of the screen. Xiao Bai couldn't see the face of the person in the video very clearly; he could only see the person's blue hair, which was even more exaggerated than the special effects.

Xiao Bai: "..."

Lu Boyuan swept a glance over the barrage. All the messages claiming that he came to find Soft to settle accounts were gone.

After he finished listening to Soft's thanks, he moved his finger and exited the livestream.

The door to their base was pushed open. Ding-ge came in carrying a few large bags of midnight snacks and locked eyes with Xiao Bai, who was standing, dazed, in the practice room doorway.

"Come eat midnight snacks." He shot a look in the direction of the practice room, a pained look on his face. "Call Road too."

After every competition finished, the club would always give the players a break. But right now, all of TTC's starters, besides Kan, had stayed at the base.

They sat around the coffee table, which was piled with large and small takeout boxes. Recently, in order to ensure that no mishaps would happen during the competition season, they had only eaten nutritious meals for who knows how long.

Xiao Bai stared at the crayfish that the young man next to him was holding. He insinuated, "P-baby1, your crayfish is so plump."

The person sitting next to him was the team's ADC, Pine. He was a twenty year old young man with monolids. His appearance was a little cold, just like his personality.

Pine made an "en" noise. After he peeled off the shell, he popped the meat into his own mouth.

Xiao Bai, "...stingy."

Ding-ge came back after taking a phone call. He tossed his phone onto the sofa before he rolled up his sleeves and sat down. "The platform called me to ask if your account was hacked. You're really something else."

Lu Boyuan lowered his head and peeled the crayfish. "I'll switch accounts next time."

Ding-ge humphed, not very pleased, before he discovered something else was wrong. "Next time? Why is there a next time??"