Chapter 108

Lu Boyuan very rarely expressed his feelings to other people, including back when he first joined the LPL and faced off against some pro players who lacked character and morals. Oftentimes, he wouldn’t even spare them a single look, and once he crushed them in the competitive arena, he wouldn’t bother wasting unnecessary words on them.

He displayed even less any emotions that went deeper than that.

He looked at Jian Rong. The teenager was just saying earlier that day in his stream how his temper was very bad, but at that current moment, it was as if the moon had fallen into his eyes.

A long pause later, Lu Boyuan spoke. “It seems like XIU won’t be able to play anymore.”

This time, XIU’s waist injury had relapsed.

While he was sitting in the break room waiting for the match to start, he had suddenly felt a pain in his lower back. After that, he couldn’t stand up again.

Waist injuries were the hardest to treat, and even the doctor accompanying the team didn’t dare to carelessly touch it. Although XIU kept saying that they didn’t need to worry about him and he’d be fine as long as he sat for a bit, the coach still ended up decisively calling an ambulance.

In the end, XIU was lifted into the ambulance on a stretcher. At the same time, he was on the phone with Lu Boyuan, and he had laughed as he said that the two of them were brothers in hardship; neither of them deserved to play in the semifinals this year.

Their veteran pro player group chat was very lively, the same as it had been the night of TTC’s semifinals match.

XIU’s voice messages came in one after another, and the chat only quieted down later after he was sent off for an examination.

Out of all the LPL pro players, Lu Boyuan had known XIU for the longest. Though they weren’t in the same team and didn’t contact each other very often, their friendship had never faded. Even including the veteran pro players who had already retired in this group chat, they were all still good brothers who helped each other out whenever someone needed it.

Jian Rong leaned against the railing. “Weren’t his injuries already pretty severe before this? He’s already persevered for so long, this time…”

Lu Boyuan said, “Their team’s management has been wanting to bring in someone new for a while now.”

Jian Rong paused. “That substitute jungler?”

“Mn.”

Jian Rong had encountered that substitute jungler in ranked before.

PUD’s criteria for signing pro players was that they had to be strong, and that jungler was the rookie jungler who had the greatest publicity as of late in the LPL. In a previous match, he had used Lee Sin to accomplish a 1v2 outplay, so some esports fans even started to jokingly refer to him as “the next Road.”

Of course, the fans of that jungler were very opposed to this title.

As a Road fan, Jian Rong didn’t like this title either.

Jian Rong rationally analyzed the situation briefly: even though XIU’s playstyle was more stable than that substitute’s and was better in the late game, it seemed like his mechanics weren’t as good as the newcomer’s.