Chapter 80

Jian Rong felt like he had committed some atrocious offense, and on top of that, the other party involved had caught him by the scruff of his neck, red-handed.

He knew that right now, as long as he pretended to very naturally avert his gaze, everything would be fine. But in the end, Lu Boyuan was still the one who laughed and looked away first.

Right as Jian Rong stiffly rotated his head back around, Xiao Bai exited the video. “Why wasn’t Jian Rong in here ah.”

Yuan Qian nodded. “Seriously, they even included Doufu.”

Pine glanced at the date of posting. “The video’s from August last year, he hadn’t joined yet.”

Realization dawned on Xiao Bai. He turned off his computer and tried to stand up, only to sense that there was a person rooted behind him. He looked back, puzzled. “How come you’re still standing here? Weren’t you going to bed… why are your eyes so red?”

During his last game, Jian Rong had felt sleepy, so he had rubbed his eyes a few times.

He rapidly retreated a couple steps, giving Xiao Bai space to push out his chair. Jian Rong was about to open his mouth and explain when—

Lu Boyuan said, “Watched for too long.”

Just as Jian Rong was contemplating fleeing from the practice room at a speed of several hundred meters per second, Lu Boyuan mildly added, “Turn down your monitor brightness in the future, or else it’ll hurt your eyes.”

That night, Jian Rong had a dream.

In the dream, he was also in the break room from the video. After Lu Boyuan finished listening to what Xiao Bai said, he dipped his head and laughed for a while, before he looked up at Jian Rong. In a steady voice, he said, “You’ve been watching for too long.”

Apart from his family members, it was very rare for Jian Rong to clearly see someone’s face in a dream.

Jian Rong was vaguely aware that something wasn’t quite right about himself, but he didn’t dare to think too deeply about the specifics of it.

Fortunately, his training was packed lately, so he didn’t have that much time to ponder over other things.

Their next regular season match swiftly arrived. Before departing, Ding-ge gave them some pre-match instructions. 

They were playing against WZWZ today, which could be considered a middle-tier team in the LPL.

“I’ll keep this short. There are some things that are inconvenient to say backstage.” Ding-ge cleared his throat. “Although we’re already guaranteed to enter the playoffs, you guys still have to play properly in the upcoming matches. We’ve never really lost to WZWZ even after so many practice matches with them, so there’s even less reason for us to lose in an official match. Today, let’s try our best to win early and get off work early. Don’t make any mistakes. That shouldn’t be a problem, right?”

The people sitting in the first few rows of the car loudly responded, “No problem.” Jian Rong was wearing a hat, and he lowered his head to chat with someone from the animal clinic.

Upon reading the incoming text, Jian Rong stared blankly at his phone for two seconds before he quietly muttered, “Incredible.”