Chapter 33

He called me a dumbass!!"

In Squid's break room, Doufu said with a reddened neck, "Did none of you guys hear it??"

His teammates shared a look. The coach said, "Maybe you're too nervous and imagined it..."

"Would I imagine someone calling me a dumbass??" Doufu was so pissed that he laughed.

"Then what?" The team's manager frowned. "Don't tell me that you're going to report it to the LPL and say, 'When Soft passed me he secretly called me a dumbass even though nobody else heard it, I swear it's true can you please penalize him'?"

Doufu: "..."

Choking back his resentment made him feel uncomfortable all over, and simultaneously, he was angry at himself for being shocked into silence just now after being insulted, resulting in him not being able to retort immediately. Who the hell would've expected Soft to dare to curse at someone backstage at the competition right after he ate a penalty notice.

"Didn't you say that he was really short?" Doufu interrogated his support. "In reality he's even taller than me?"

Squid's support said innocently, "I've never seen him in person before either ah, I just saw that all his fans say he's from the dwarf kingdom... it's probably because those other people in TTC are too tall, so in comparison he looks shorter?"

"Enough, enough." The manager interrupted them. "The camera crew is about to come in. If you're going to talk, then do it back at the base. Doufu, you just got a penalty ticket last season, restrain yourself a little and don't make trouble. If you end up getting suspended, then nobody needs to think about playing anymore."

In TTC's break room.

"I almost went and punched him just now!" Xiao Bai rolled up his sleeves, showing off his meaty fist. "Good thing I held back."

Pine took off his hat. "Oh really, how come from my point of view you didn't even dare to meet Doufu's eyes then."

"What BS!"

Today was the opening ceremony for the spring season, so even the LPL teams that weren't competing today arrived at the competition venue.

Someone knocked on the break room's door, and a staff member peeked in to inform them that the opening ceremony would be starting in ten minutes.

Before the competition began, every participating team had to send a player to represent them on stage for the opening ceremony. The chosen player was usually the team's core, and naturally, their team representative was Lu Boyuan.

The makeup artist stepped forward carrying a bag, but Lu Boyuan rejected it.

"Can't stand the smell, no makeup."

The makeup artist didn't take offense and glanced back at Ding-ge. Ding-ge said, "Whatever he wants, it's the same whether he does it or not."

Not long after Lu Boyuan followed the staff member out, the livestream was connected.

Jian Rong looked up from his phone and watched the television screen as every major team's representative was introduced onstage.

The order for entering was based on last season's rankings, and the higher the placement, the later they came on. Since they were all the teams' core players, the cheers in the arena continued wave after wave, never stopping a single time.

After they finished introducing the first fourteen teams, the stadium's atmosphere reached its peak.

The host's voice was loud and clear. "Next, entering the stage is our LPL's veteran, top-ranked team, TTC, Road—"