70.

3rd Person POV

"Y/N! Hang in there!" Yuji shouted while they are inside the car.

"Ijichi-san, please drive faster!" Megumi exclaimed, losing his cool.

Nobara, on the other hand, started trembling. She doesn't know what to do. She held Y/N's hands, but the girl didn't respond.

*

Meanwhile, in Jujutsu Tech...

Toge was slacking off inside Y/N's room. It was already 5 in the afternoon, but she hasn't texted him yet.

"Maybe they are already on their way back?" Toge thought to himself.

He started thinking if how he should surprise his girlfriend, especially since tomorrow is their anniversary, their special day.

Toge stared at the promise ring that he was holding carefully, imagining how he should hand it over to Y/N.

Should he do it like how he reads in the books? Slipping it inside her bag? Should he prepare a candlelight dinner for the both of them? What?

He doesn't have any idea. Toge sighed and reached for the glass of water to drink, but it slipped and fell from his grip.

His eyes widened, and his heart started beating faster than usual. He stood up, stared at it for a while before bending over to clean it.

Toge doesn't want bad thoughts to occupy his mind. No, not now, not ever.

He was about to pick up the shattered glass when someone suddenly knocked on the door, making him jumped a little.

"Oh? She's back already?" He asked himself.

He runs towards the door. Just the thought of cuddling and kissing with Y/N is making his heart flutter.

He was a little bit disappointed when he saw Yuta standing outside instead of Y/N.

"Toge," Yuta started.

"Oi, Yuta. Perfect timing! Help me prepare for my surprise for Y/N tomorrow," Toge said.

Yuta, his best friend, shook his head.

"Come with me," Yuta spoke with his shaky voice.

Toge looked confused with why does Yuta's voice sound depressed.

"What's wrong? Did Maki and Panda went too far again?" The off-white-haired man asked worriedly.

"I— no, that's not it. I don't know how I should say it to you. So please, just come with me," Yuta begged as tears started forming in the corner of his eyes.

"Hey, calm down. Okay, I'll go with you," Toge said, still confused.

He closed Y/N's room and started following Yuta, who's walking towards the clinic.

'Who's sick? Injured or something? Someone from the first years? No, someone closed to Yuta for sure,' Toge thinks.

'Then Maki? Or Panda? Or... No, it can't be. The second-years are not around,' He still thinks, brushing off the last thought that entered his mind.

"Who's sick?" Toge asked.

Yuta didn't respond. Instead, he started walking faster and opened the main door of the clinic.

Everyone was there. Maki, Panda, the first-years, and Ijichi-san. After a while, people from the room exited the door, revealing Megumi, Yuji, and Nobara, who can't lift their faces.

They were all looking down.

"Where's Y/N?" Toge asked after seeing the other three.

No one answered him.

"Hey, where's my girlfriend?" He asked again, this time with a serious tone.

When no one spoke again, Toge immediately headed to the room. There, he saw his beloved girlfriend lying on the hospital bed.

He slowly walked towards the bed, and his eyes never left Y/N's peaceful face.

Satoru, who was standing beside the bed, gave way to Toge. He patted the shoulder of the young man.

Toge held Y/N's hand.

"Baby, wake up," he whispered, but the girl didn't respond.

She was just there lying peacefully.

"Come on, Y/N. Let's go back to your room," Toge pleaded, a sob escaping from his lips.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Nobara continued saying while crying.

"Stop blaming yourselves. My daughter won't like it," Satoru said sternly.

After a while, everyone else left the room to give them some privacy.

"I'll be back," Satoru said, patting Toge's head.

As soon as everyone else left, Toge started crying, sitting beside the bed.

"Baby, wake up, please," He said while using his cursed speech technique.

"Wake up," he repeated.

"Don't leave me and everyone else, please. We still have lots of things to try and do together."

Hours had passed, but Y/N is still not responding nor breathing. Toge closed his eyes, tears still streaming down his face.

"Wake up. Wake up," he continued exclaiming, totally abusing his limits.

He coughed blood, but he doesn't care anymore. All he wants is to see his girlfriend's smile again, but he was too afraid to open his eyes just to see Y/N's lifeless face.

Blood and tears continue to flow down to Toge's face when a gentle hand wipes it off.

"I told you not to push your limits," the voice said.