22.

Dad released me from his hug. We are on a beach, but no one was around.

"Tell me what happened," he asked.

I didn't speak for a few minutes, trying to choose what words I should say.

"I dreamt of Yuji." It was the words that came out of my mouth.

"Then I found myself holding a cutter. I don't know what exactly happened. I only realized what I have done when I felt pain," I added.

He sighed.

"I'm sorry, I can't tell you the truth, but I swear everything's going to be alright," he said

I was so confused that I couldn't ask him if what does he mean by that.

"Do you want me to train you? Just like the old days," dad said and started walking in the direction of the vast ocean.

I caught up to him and said yes. I spent my whole day training with the strongest sorcerer, luckyyyy~

It was already 5:30 PM, and dad said that we should head back to the school as he needs to go somewhere.

My anxiety started kicking in again. What if they were disgusted about what they just found out?

"It's okay. They will never judge you," dad said.

"How about buying some pastries before going back?" He added.

*

7:15 PM

He dropped me off at the front of the school, saying that he needs to go.

I am carrying a box of cake and other sweets. If my estimation is correct, they still have training right now. I still have at least 15 minutes. So, I started walking faster.

"Yosh, good thing no one's still here," I said while looking around the empty cafeteria.

I placed the pastries on top of the table and ran off going back to my room.

I sighed while closing my door. I haven't eaten dinner yet but forget about dinner. I can eat my chips tonight. I am too embarrassed to face them.

After taking a shower, I wore a plain white shirt and black cotton shorts, not minding the visible wound on my left wrist.

'No one will see it, anyway.'

I wore my specs again and opened a novel to pass some time while eating potato chips. I hope that this would be enough for me, or I'll try to sneak into the cafeteria later.

I heard everyone walking into the corridors when my door suddenly opened. My eyes widened.

'Wait, what? Did I forget to lock it?'

I saw Nobara furiously walking in my direction.

"Guys, not now," I said, then turned my back on them, trying to hide my arm.

Nobara turned my swivel chair, making me face all of them again. I looked down, waiting for her to shout at me so they can leave now.

She knelt in front of me then gently hold my hands. Not the reaction that I was expecting.

"You could've talked to us, you know?" She said while her eyes are brimming with tears.

"I... I'm sorry," was everything that I could say.

She hugged me tightly while Megumi patted my head.

"You can always count on us, Y/N," Maki-senpai said.

"On Toge, especially," Panda-senpai added.

I felt butterflies on my stomach just by hearing his name. I looked around the room when I met his eyes looking intently at me.

"Kugisaki, Megumi, let her rest now," Maki-senpai said.

"We'll see you tomorrow," the both of them said, then walked out of my room.

Toge-senpai remained inside while the others already left. I don't know what to do, so I turned my back on him, fixing my eyeglasses, and started reading again.

I heard him starting to walk away, then closed my door. I sighed, realizing that I was holding my breath.

'He didn't even say bye.'

My chest is starting to hurt when my door opened again, revealing Toge-senpai with a plate full of food in one hand. Before walking towards me, he made sure to close the door. He replaced the potato chips on my table with the proper food. He motioned me to eat.

'Okay. He is mad at me. He's not speaking.'

"No, thank you," I said, then looked at the book again.

I heard him released a frustrated sigh. He pulled a chair beside me then he sat there. Toge-senpai grabbed the spoon and put some food on it before placing it in front of my mouth.

I looked at him, but he just frowned.

"At least try to speak to me," I said before eating the food. I tried getting the spoon from him, but he didn't give it.

"I can feed myself!" I shouted, starting to get frustrated by his cold treatment.

"Okay!" He shouted back then gave me the spoon.

My eyes widened. This was the first time that he shouted at me.

'Oh my God. No, don't cry.' I chanted on my mind, trying to hold back my tears while eating.

After eating five mouthfuls of food, a sob came out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry. Don't mind me. You can go now. Thank you for the food," I said, trying to dismiss him.

I saw from my peripheral vision that he started pulling his hair because of frustration. He was so mad.

"If you're mad, then tell me! Don't treat me coldly, please," I said while shaking because I can't hold my tears anymore.

I covered my face with my hand while waiting for him to leave me.

I was surprised when he hugged me tightly. It made me cry even more.

"I'm sorry. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself because I thought I'm making you happy," he said softly.

I cried harder then hugged him back.

"You made me feel happy every day. It's enough. You're enough, senpai," I said.

"I'm sorry for shouting, okay?" He said.

I nodded before saying sorry too. He removed my eyeglasses and wiped my tears, and motioned me to finish my food. So I ate the remaining food, with him beside me, watching me.

"Senpai, don't watch me. It's embarrassing," I said, then cover his eyes with my hand.

I heard him chuckle before intertwining my hand, covering his eyes with his hand.

He looked at my wrist, and his eyes softened, then placed small kisses on my scar.

"If you ever feel lonely, tell me, okay? I will always be here for you. I like you, my Y/N," he said.