58.

"Where's daddy?" Ayumi asked with a weak voice.

She has a fever, and Toge hasn't come back from his mission yet. He's been out for two days now.

"He will be back soon, okay? For now, you need to take a rest, baby."

I helped her lay down on the bed properly then put a fever patch on her forehead. I put the blanket on top of her so she won't feel cold. After a while, she fell asleep.

Toge has been sent to the outskirt of Japan with Yuta-senpai, and I haven't heard from him yet

I heard that their mission isn't that hard. So, if my calculations are correct, they should be back by tonight.

I miss going to missions too.

No one was around. They are all busy doing their stuff. Nobara said she would be out today because she'll go shopping. We initially planned it together, but Ayumi and I can't go because of the current situation.

Megumi, he's probably still in his room, slacking off or something. He's the homebody type. Yuji said that Todo invited him to train together.

Maki-senpai is probably at the training grounds because she's the type of person who doesn't want to waste her time. Panda-senpai is helping the principal with some things.

And my dad, I don't know if where he is. Maybe he was sent outside the country again for missions. Yep, that's the strongest sorcerer for you. He never got the chance to rest properly.

I texted Toge.

'Ayumi's sick, and she's looking for you :(( and I miss you too. Will you be back by tonight? Take care. I love you.'

Since Ayumi is resting and I had nothing to do, I decided to clean my room while waiting for Toge.

I started by sweeping and mopping the floor. I also rearranged my books and other stuff.

Ayumi started crying in her sleep. Is she having a nightmare? I immediately went to her.

"Baby, shhh. Mommy's here," I continued whispering to her until she stopped crying.

As much as I wanted to sleep, I can't because I'm afraid that Ayumi will wake up still not feeling well while I'm sleeping.

After a while, I went down to the cafeteria to cook her a porridge.

I sighed. I didn't know that being a mom is really hard. But I'm not complaining tho. Taking care of her is somewhat fulfilling and fun.

I went back to my room just in time because I saw Ayumi already sitting on the bed.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked her.

She just nodded while rubbing her eyes.

"Is daddy not here yet?"

I shook my head.

"Eat this, and then we'll wait for him together, okay?"

I sat beside her. I made sure that I fed her properly. I checked if it's not too hot before making her eat the porridge. After that, I made her drink the medicine that I got from the clinic.

After a while, Ayumi fell asleep again in my arms. I smiled while looking at her. She looks so peaceful. I couldn't ask for more. I'm glad that I found her and they let me have her.

A few hours later, someone knocked on my door. I gently lay down Ayumi on the bed.

I opened the door and saw Toge, already in his pajamas, standing outside. He looks tired, and there are some cuts on his arms and face.

"I'm back, my love," he said, pulling me for a hug.

"I missed you," I said, hugging him back.

We went inside my room, and he immediately sat on the bed.

"How's Ayumi?" He asked.

"She seemed better. Why didn't you go to the clinic to let Shoko-sensei treat your wounds?"

"She's out, and I can't wait any longer. I wanna see the both of you."

I sighed then used my reverse cursed technique to heal his wounds.

"Take a rest, love. I know you're tired," I said after treating him.

I tucked him in beside Ayumi, who's still deeply asleep.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too."

I turned off the lights then lay down on the other side of the bed, watching my boyfriend and daughter sleep.

"Love, take a rest too. I'm sorry for keeping you wait for me," he said.

"It's okay. I'm glad you're safe. And you should comfort Ayumi when she wakes up, okay? She's been looking for you since yesterday."

"Hm, I'll do that."

He slightly pushed himself up, putting all his weight on one side. Then, he leaned in my direction, planting a kiss on my lips.

"Let's sleep for now," he said, then went back to his position.