54.

"Done? Now, kiss me."

I leaned closer to him, pressing my lips against his lips. His hands are on my waist, keeping me in place firmly while mine is on his shoulders.

I was about to pull out from the kiss when his lips started moving. He only stopped kissing me when we are about to run out of breath.

"Should I sleep here?" I asked him after catching my breath.

"Do you want to? It's okay to me."

I didn't answer him for a while, trying to think if I should stay here or go back to my room.

"Hm, probably not a good idea. I'm sure we will still be asleep while the assessment is taking place."

He chuckled, nodding at my response.

"Then, I'll go back to my room now."

*

"Yuji, if you passed the assessment, I'll give you something," I said, trying to motivate him.

"Yah! Me too! I'll do my best!" Nobara said.

I nodded at her. I saw Yuji's eyes twinkled.

"Okay! I'll do my best for Y/N-sensei!" He said.

"Don't forget the formulas that we memorized yesterday, okay?" I said to them.

Nanami-sensei entered the room with papers in his hands. He started distributing it after seeing that we are already sitting properly.

(I included Panda-senpai in the arrangement even if he won't take the assessment because I don't want to leave him out 😭)

"Okay, I'll give you an hour and a half to answer the assessment. Time starts now," he said while looking at his wristwatch.

I scanned the questionnaire. Oh, I'm sure my friends would be fine on their own. We studied all of these yesterday.

I started answering the first part. It was kind of easy because it is objective and has choices.

The second part is problem-solving. I started doing it, constantly scribbling on my paper.

The time passed by quickly.

"Times up! Results will be out later. I'll send it on your emails," Nanami-sensei said and started collecting our answer sheets.

"You can keep the questionnaire to review. That's all for today. Have a nice day," He said and left the room.

I immediately stood up after remembering that I have errands to do.

"Where are you going, Y/N?" Maki-senpai asked.

"I'll go get another prescribed glasses because I broke mine yesterday. I'll be back shortly."

I started running because I know Toge will say that he will come with me.

*

I already got what I need so I started walking my way to the station. I bumped into a child.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

I crouched down a little. The girl started trembling, but before I could speak again, she lost consciousness. Good thing that my reflexes are fast enough to catch her.

I sat down on a bench and made her lay her head on my lap. I don't even know why but I don't want to leave her. She looks so terrified.

After a while, she regained her consciousness. Her jade eyes roamed around until they landed on me.

"Hi!" I greeted her enthusiastically so she won't feel scared.

She immediately sat up but didn't speak, so I tried asking her some questions.

"Where are your parents? Why are you alone? It's too dangerous."

"My parents died a few days ago, and I have no place to stay," she said and started crying.

My eyes widened, and memories came rushing into my mind. This girl reminded me so much of myself years ago.

"How about relatives?" I asked again with a shaky voice.

She shook her head.

"They don't want to take me in because they said that I am weird. I keep saying that I see monsters on our house, but they don't believe me," she explained again.

I tried to compose myself.

"Okay, take a deep breath, darling. It's okay. Don't cry. I am here. Do you want to live with me?" I recited the exact words my dad told me that day.

I don't even know if the higher-ups will let me keep this child, but I will do everything. I can't let this little girl starve in a place like this. No, because if I did, it would be like I killed myself too.

I saw her eyes widened, glimmering with hope.

"Really?" She asked.

I nodded then wiped her tears away.

"You don't have to be alone anymore, okay? Let's go?" I said and extended my hand to her.