51: I'll Show You Who You Are

Dom pulls up to the street race that Han had told him about

Dom pulls up to the street race that Han had told him about. Dom couldn't help but smiling feeling at home. Dom sees Letty get some money from a guys before they shake hands a part ways. Dom follows Letty towards the starting line.
"You got some serious balls, man." Letty tells him.
"I've been told." Dom tells her
"You know, your lucky I missed my shot." Letty tells him.
"I think you hit your mark." Dom says.
"Really? What is it with you? You got a death wish or something?" Letty asks.
"If that what it takes. I just want to race." Dom tells her.
"Might lose your car." Letty says which causes Dom to laugh.
"Let's do it." Dom says.
"Your funeral." Letty says.
"Ride or die, remember?" Dom says glancing at Letty before looking forward.
Letty freezes for a second knowing she had heard those words before but she couldn't remember where from. A lady walks out between Dom and Letty's cars.
"Listen up. Out here we're use to getting what we want. This is London baby. But remember, don't bite the bait. Are you ready. Ready?" The lady says and both Dom and Letty Rev their engines at the end. "Steady." The lady raises her arms before swinging them down. "Go!"
Dom takes off with a wheelie before Letty takes the lead. They both weave around the traffic with Dom getting in front when they go round a curve before cop appeared behind them.
"Just like old times." Dom says with a smirk.
Dom quickly turns round causing the cops to swerve and crash. Dom drives in reverse beside Letty with a smirk before turning around getting back in front.
"This guy is crazy." Letty says with a smile. They continue to weave through traffic before Letty hits her NOS. Dom then Hits his NOS getting in front of Letty. "You got to be kidding me."
Letty monitions for Dom to follow her before leading him to a abandoned overpass.
"You're still up-sifting early." Dom says as they both get out their cars.
"I do that so you brake." Letty replies leaning against her car.
"You lose traction and the back end kicks out." Dom tells her.
"I noticed." Letty says while Dom walks over to her. "Look, just because you know how I ride doesn't mean you know me."
"You know what they say where we're from. Show me how you drive, I'll show you who you are." Dom tells her. "V8 never could resist American muscle." Dom looks and sees a scar through Letty's eyebrow. "Nice scar. You never could keep yourself out of trouble either."
Letty puts her hair behind her ear.
"What else do you know about me?" Letty asks.
"about you. Everything." Dom says walking closer to her. Dom grabs Letty's wrist gently and lifts it up so he can see it and he sees a scar. "Like this scar. You got that the first night we met. You were 15. First street race. Some kid tried to show off and lost control of his car, wiped out right next to you. Your lucky you didn't lose your arm."
"And let me guess. You saved me." Letty states.
"No I was the kid showing off." Dom tells her before putting her hair behind her shoulder and seeing another scar. "And here. Boyle heights. You were fleeing with my little sister Mia, and got trapped in a corner. And you thought it was a good idea to ride your Torino Cobra through a retaining wall."
Letty let's out a laugh knowing that sounds like something she would do.
"Alright, how about this one?" Letty asks before he lifts her top up and pulls her trousers down a little bit to show a scar on her hip.
"That's the last time we were together. In the DR. You wanted to go for a night swim. Cut yourself on a reef. I followed you. I even got this scar to match." Dom says before showing a scar in the same place as Letty's.
"Look, I don't know why you are here. But I really think you are over your head." Letty tells Dom before he he puts a hand on either side of her face.
"I'm here for you." Dom tells her.
"That girl you remember it's not me." Letty tells him glancing down.
" From what I just saw. Like it or not. Your still the same girl. I saw it out there. I see it right now." Dom tells her.
"I got to go." Letty tells him walking over to the door of her car.
"Hey." Dom says making her look at him. Dom takes off the cross necklace and looks at it for a few moments before holding it out to Letty. "It belongs to you."
Letty takes the necklace and looks at it for a few moments before looking at Dom and getting into her car before driving away. A car then pulls up behind Dom before Shaw gets out and closes the car door.
"There she goes. Leaving you again." Shaw says. "Bloody fickle that one."
"Want bloody we could do bloody." Dom tells Shaw seriously.
"Street kid. Starts out stealing DVD players in east LA. Ends up heisting 100 million dollars in Rio." Shaw says.
"Not bad, huh?" Dom asks.
"It's a good story isn't it?" Shaw asks back. "Almost inspiring. See what I couldn't fathom is why he's not relaxing in a beach somewhere with that cute little Brazilian number. Instead he's working with a two bit government hack like Hobbs. And then I realised he has a weak spot."
"We all got a weak spot." Dom tells him.
"You know when I was young. My brother use to always say, every man has got to have a code. Mine precision. The team is nothing but pieces you switch out until you get the job done. It's efficient. It works. But you. You're loyal to a fault. You code is about family. And that's great in the holidays, but it makes you predictable. And in our line of work predictable means vulnerable and that means I can reach out and break you whenever I want." Shaw explains to Dom.
"At least when I go I'll know what it's for." Dom tells him.
"Well, at least you have a code. Most men don't. So I'm going to give you a chance. Take your crew and walk away. That's the only way your going to keep your family safe."
"Your brother, never told you never threaten a mans family?" Dom asks. "It's a pretty stupid thing to do. But I'll make it simple for you. I walk away when she walks away."
"Well then, it appears this inspiring tale has come to a end." Shaw says.
Dom looks down and sees a red dot right where is heart is.
"If that's the way it had to go." Dom says.
Shaw looks down and sees a red dot where his heart is before laughing.
"Let me guess. Hobbs." Shaw states.

"Come on you son of a notch." Hobbs says from where he is standing on the overpass behind Shaw.

"Two bit government hack." Dom says with a smile.
Shaw laughs before walking back over to his car.
"See you around Toretto." Shaw says.
"You can bet on it." Dom replies before Shaw opens his car door and gets in before closing the door and driving off.

"Riley. Shaw's leaving Battersea heading south east. Have Tej track him on his live feed go." Hobbs says walking down the stairs before walking over to Dom. "You know what would have happened if I didn't put that tracker in your car?"
"This one?" Dom asks showing Hobbs the tracker.
Hobbs laughs before taking the tracker.
"You know this has got me one step closer to Shaw. For what it's worth Toretto, I hope it gets you closer to what you want to." Hobbs tells him.
Dom nods before they walk over to their cars and drive back to the teams base.
__________
Nico was at his friends house again and Jack was upstairs having a nap while Violet and Elena sit in the living room and talk.
"How are you feeling?" Elena asks.
"I am feeling good. Besides the fact that I miss everyone." Violet says. "What about you?"
"I feel nervous. I feel like Dom will leave me for Letty now that she is back." Elena replies.
"Even if he does you will still be like my sister. And I am sure Mia tells the same way. You will also always be Nico and Jack's Auntie." Violet tells Elena.
"Thanks Violet. That really means a lot." Elena tells Violet.
"Come here." Violet tells Elena before they hug.