14: The Right Decision

Violet let go of Brian's hand before she began to get Vince out of the car

Violet let go of Brian's hand before she began to get Vince out of the car. Brian got off before the two of them carried Vince to a spot on the Sandy ground. Vince looked Horrible. He was covered in blood and struggling to breathe. Violet's heart clenched thinking about how Mia will react if Vince died. Violet pulled her belt off and wrapped it around Vince's elbow putting pressure there to try and stop the bleeding.
"Come on Vince! Stay with me!" Violet shouts her voice breaking at the end causing Brian's heart break.
Vince continued to violently cough while Brian tries to figure out what to do.  Violet looked up when she saw Dom fall to his knees on the other side of Vince.
Brian looked at Dom with a worried expression before saying "If we don't get him to a ambulance in ten minutes he's dead." Dom's face fell at the thought of losing Vince as Brian grabbed his hand and put it on Vince arm so he could hold the tourniquet. "Hold this. Hold the pressure. Just like that. Don't let go hold his arm up."
Violet eyes widen when she sees Vince eyes roll back "Vince! V! V!"
Brian hurriedly got his phone out of his pocket when he sees Violet's worried expression. He sighs knowing what he has to do as he dials the number before putting the phone to his ear.
"Yeah, yeah. This is officer Brian O'conner." Brian say causing Dom to look at him with a glare. "I am off duty LAPD. I need a life flight roll out right away." Dom only got angrier as Brian continued. "My 20 is highway 86, mile marker 147."
Violet watched the pair with fear in her eyes.
"I got one trauma victim, about 29 years of age. Six foot. Maybe 200 pounds. He got a real deep lacerations to his right arm, with arterial bleeding." Brian continued.
Dom looks at Violet and his anger only grew worse as he saw tears in her eyes while she shook her head 'no'. No one hurts his little sister and got away with it. No one!
Both the Toretto siblings look back at Brian as he yelled "He's got a shotgun gun wound, close range to his left flank. Yeah. And he is going into shock!"
All their attention went back to keeping Vince alive.  A few minutes later EMT's arrive and loaded Vince into the helicopter with the help of Brian. Violet brushed and hand through her hair with a sigh as Dom walked past her with a look that was telling her to make the right decision. While Dom walked towards the car Violet looked back at Brian as he turned to look at her. All she wanted to do was run into Brian's arms and never leave them but she knew she had to pick her family. But she still hesitated on leaving when their eyes met.
"Violet." Dom yells.
She looked back at Brian on more time before running towards the car with a broken heart. As she got into the car she caught Brian looking down with tears falling down his face. Once Dom was in the car and they were driving away leaving Brian behind. Violet looked at Letty who was sitting next to her looking terrible with loads of cuts all over her body.
"Jesus. Let are you okay?" Violet asks.
"I'm all good girl." Letty replies smiling at her.
Letty noticed Violet's strained face. She may have only known Violet for two months but she knew that look. She saw it when Alec broke her heart.
"What's the matter, Vi?" Letty asks putting an arm around Violet's shoulder.
"I am so sorry." Violet said as she busted into tears.
Letty pulled the younger girl closer towards her as she looked at Dom for answers but Dom just gave her a look that said he would tell her later.
"I. I didn't know. I never wanted this to happen." Violet said with tears streaming down her face.
Letty just hugs Violet tighter hoping it would hold Violet together for now until she could hug her real sister or brother.
__________
Once Violet, Dom, Letty and Leon got back to the Toretto's  house they walked into the house to see Mia waiting in the living room.
"There you guys are I was so worried about you all... Wait where's Vince and Brian?" Mia asked before seeing her younger sister who still had tears falling down her face. "Vi? What happened?"
"Mia please just calm down a minute." Dom tells Mia before walking over to Violet and placing his hands on her shoulders. "You go get some sleep I will tell the them."
Violet nods before going upstairs.
"Dom what's going on with Violet?" Mia asks worried about her little sister
"Before I tell you that. There was a accident involving Vince." Dom says.
"Which was?" Mia asks before Dom explained the whole thing to Mia. "What no please no." Mia says tears falling from her eyes as Letty goes over and hugs her "That's not everything. Brian is a cop."
"Wait what?" Leon asks in disbelief.
"Brian was a cop. That's what's going on with Violet." Dom says.
"That asshole!" Letty says angrily.
The team all sit round thinking about what has happened before Violet comes back down and joins them. After a few moments Dom stands up and goes out to the garage.