The day of hope

Leah walked down the halls of the prison staring in at each cell mate.

Leah: look at all of them....

Leah then makes it back to the courtyard. A bloodstained spot next to the bench shimmered in the sunlight.

Leah sat in the bench and stared at the midday sun. It felt warm against her pale skin. Her dead eyes squinted at its brightness.

Leah:..........romeave...

——————————————

-14 years ago-

A six year old Leah sprinted through the brush as three insects charged at her. Her ragged clothes scrapped against the thorny underbrush of the forest.

Leah wept out in dispair as her legs gave out. All of that hatred directed towards her was to be accurate. Was to be made flesh at this moment.

Leah finally tripped and skidded down a small muddy cliff. She rolled and skidded to a stop at the bottom.

Leah finally managed to stand up and stared around her. Bugs and insects where scattered everywhere. All poised and ready to strike.

Suddenly a white blur sped past and all of the insects suddenly fell apart in big moist globs.

Leah stared ahead blankly through the heavy rain. But the rain stopped as thesun leaked through the trees above.

Her savior then landed behind her. Leah turned in astonishment.

Her white hair flowed softly in the wind as the sun shines on her as she held a blade....the mother blade..

Stephanie: call me Stephanie......but more importantly you need to get out of here..

As Stephanie reached out to Leah she retracted her hand away and crawled away.

Stephanie: what-?

Leah: DONT HURT ME!!!!! DONT HURT ME LIKE THEY DID!!!

Stephanie: i-...I won't....I-...huh-

Suddenly..

Crisis: hmmhmhmmmm oh? STEPH!!!! I CAN FINALLY DEVOUR YOU!!!!

Stephanie: -..hey you run away!!!!

Leah stared up in terror at the monster above her and the "monster" in front of her.

Suddenly crisis snatched her up and grinned at Stephanie.

And from behind crisis bursted malicka with fierce and hungry eyes. She launched at Stephanie who was forced to retreat.

Stephanie: DAMNIT- ILL SAVE YOU-

She was interrupted by malickas charge. And Leah never saw her savior again.

Crisis: alright then it's chow time!!!

Leah stared in horror as she was lowered into crisis's maw. But-

Leah: W-WAIT!!!!

Crisis stopped for a second.

Leah: I -......I HAVE A STORY......JUST DONT EAT ME....please...

Crisis paused for a second before lifting her out.

Crisis:.....a story?....

Leah then told her of her past. How she was a slave. How she had to steal to survive. How she lived...

——————————————

Leah:........it's gone.....why did I tell romeave about the damn tree?......what did I see in him.....what do the.......nagas see in him........why-...

Leah recalled the local reports of how stressed crisis really was. How human casualties have skyrocketed down.

Leah suddenly started to shake in terror.

Leah: ....what do they see in his future that I can't?......

Suddenly footsteps came to her cell door.

Leah: just leave the food on the cell floor.

Guard: fine fine I will....and why don't you stop your stupid whispering for once....

The guard was about to walk away but then turned around and stared at Leah.

Guard:..........heh...

The guard whips out his nightstick and slams it against the bars as hard as he could. Leah jumped and whimpered at the sudden loud noise. The guard bursted into hysterics.

Guard: HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH-

The guard is slammed in the lower jaw by a fist so hard that it instantly kills him. He slumps against the bars.

Leah:.....?!? Wha-

Ty: get the fuck up..

Ty yanks the keys off of the guards belt and unlocked the door. The sun shined behind Tys head.

Ty:....were saving this fucking planet.

To be continued...