Chapter 81

When Jian Rong got in the car, Lu Boyuan was resting with his eyes closed.

Jian Rong braced a hand against the window and slowly shifted towards the inside seat. Right as he straddled one foot across, Lu Boyuan extended his legs, and their calves pressed together through their pants.

Lu Boyuan opened his eyes and looked at him.

A car divided up into three rows would still be crowded no matter how spacious it was; to top it off, they were two grown men.

Jian Rong cast his eyes down. “…did I wake you?”

Lu Boyuan swept a glance at Jian Rong’s hat. It was the one that came with TTC’s uniform, and it had the team’s crown logo printed on it. The only thing was, it didn’t have Lu Boyuan’s signature.

Lu Boyuan withdrew his legs. “I wasn’t asleep.”

Their match ended early today, so the auntie hadn’t started preparing dinner yet by the time they got back to the base. After they lost the previous match, Xiao Bai had restrained himself for a week; as a result, he instantly started streaming the moment he sat down in the practice room.

“I’ve missed you all so much!

“Did everyone watch the match today? Wasn’t my flash-hook-prediction awesome?

“Why didn’t I stream this past week—what do you think? It’s not like I have our mid laner’s big shot energy.”

Jian Rong was used to being cued and didn’t react at all. He lowered his head and turned on his own computer.

The evening after a match, everyone was relatively relaxed. Xiao Bai’s voice was lazy as he leisurely pulled up the game. “Right, right? I’ve lost weight from working too hard.

“Last week’s practice was truly… ruthless and brutal. I suppose that’s the price of losing a match.

“How come I’m now ranked in the top 400 on the domestic server? …damn, it’s because our mid laner has been acting crazy recently. He’s been constantly forcing me, P-baby, or Qian-ge to duo queue with him.

“He’s helping you climb, and you aren’t even happy… I am happy, of course I’m happy, but doesn’t there need to be a work-rest balance?! Do you know that I duo queued with him for a total of thirteen hours over two days! Thirteen hours!! Apart from when we were in our practice matches, we spent all our remaining time together! I feel sick from seeing his ID so much!!” Xiao Bai crumbled here. “He was basically grabbing my freaking hair and forcing me to climb with him!!

“What’s he like when he’s duo queueing with the others? It’s not too bad with Qian-ge, Qian-ge can strike up a conversation with anyone. When Jian Rong went to the top lane to provide assistance, not only did he get the kill, he also stole a bunch of minions without Qian-ge confronting him over it.

“With Pine… I’m not gonna say anything, it’s too frightening. The day the two of them duo queued together, I felt like the entire world was silent. Nobody spoke, it was like they were two strangers matched together on the same team, with no voice chat or the ability to type either. The scariest part is that they practiced from one in the afternoon to one in the morning, before they each wordlessly ate a cup of instant noodles and then continued queueing, as if the first one to sleep would become the loser—