四十六

a special chapter dedicated to those who have read 'flaws' and 'separate'.

"gyu?" wonwoo called out his boyfriends name who walked a few feet ahead of him alongside shore, visibly not aware of the distance he had created. he snapped from his daze and threw a confused glance over his shoulder, finally noticing he had been out of it for a small while already. "hey gyu, want to talk to me about what's bothering you?"

mingyu let out a faint chuckle as he grabbed a hold of wonwoo's hand and intertwined their fingers together, not wanting to accidentally create a distance again. "it's the whole thing surrounding junhui." mingyu sighed, knowing all too well he couldn't keep things from wonwoo like he had done before his boyfriends amnesia accident. "man, i've known him for years.. i really don't want to lose one of my closest buddies.."

for a mere second they remained silent, both staring over the majestic diverse landscape that spread out for miles, no matter in which direction they looked. a place this wonderful reminded them of that one specific vacation where they had met, where a beach spread out alongside a forest, which the lake and its mystical landscape resembled in some sort of way.

"i wish we could do anything for him." wonwoo sighed in defeat, knowing they could hardly change the current situation. let alone cure his disease. "i think it's like how doc said, it's a matter of time and patience until they find a treatment and eventually a cure." the eldest tried to encourage them both in some way.

though they both seemed to understand that it most likely wasn't going to end up any way positive. no words were needed to be spoken out loud for them both to understand junhui's unfortunate fate.

"you're right won." mingyu lowered his gaze to meet wonwoo's eyes, who was only a few inches shorter than him. "maybe we should try and empty our minds for a bit, what would you say?"

"and how would you like to do that?" wonwoo asked still not quite catching onto what mingyu was trying to say. it needed a puppy-like smile and a mischievous giggle for wonwoo to understand his boyfriend was up to something. however, they remained with the same calm pace, strolling alongside shore of the gigantic lake.

"can you remember that one night on the beach?" mingyu pointed out, having a blush creeping up to wonwoo's cheeks.

"i swear to god mingyu, if it's about our embarassing meeting where you dragged me to that open air party where i got drunk i'm turning around."

"no no no! i promise that it's nothing close to that." mingyu chuckled, finding that memory extremely amusing as well. "it's about that night where we finally got to confess our feelings, remember?"

how on earth could wonwoo forget? "when you asked me to run with you? god i remember how ridiculous it sounded at first." wonwoo let out a giggle in his utterly deep voice, staring up at mingyu and finally seeming to catch onto his plan.

"and when we shared our first kiss." mingyu added, the memory finally managing to bring a genuine smile back onto his face since the happenings of that afternoon. "how about we go ahead and take a sprint, hmm? what would you say?"

"it wouldn't hurt to relive that moment, would it?" wonwoo went along with mingyu, grabbing a tighter hold of mingyu's hand as the younger started speeding up his pace, taking a sudden sprint and dragging wonwoo along with him, who all too willingly let mingyu guide him to god knows where.

they couldn't care about where they would end up eventually or what they would encounter on their way. as long as their legs could carry them further and they could keep yelling at the top of their lungs, reliving that beautiful moment of freedom and euphoria.

meanwhile, seungcheol sat beside jeonghan, the blonde boy resting his head on a strong shoulder. "look at them." seungcheol breathed out like a proud father, gently squeezing jeonghan's waist as they stared at the endearing sight of mingyu and wonwoo running alongside shore.

"i don't think i've ever seen wonwoo as happy as when he's with mingyu. and trust me that says a lot, i've known the boy for seven years." jeonghan said, visibly delighted to see the boy behaving like this together with his beloved boyfriend. "honestly, back then i never thought wonwoo would be able to heal from his amnesia. let alone for them to grow back together."

"let's not forget about the miracle that was needed for us two to get back together." seungcheol couldn't help but to let out a faint chuckle on the horrifying memory of what had happened. the night where he had left jeonghan all alone in that mansion, where they still lived under a host family, or when he had been given the task to shoot jeonghan in the abandoned alleyway of a club that night.

"i can't believe it's been just few months, it honestly feels like we've been together for years." jeonghan admits, snuggling a bit closer against seungcheol. "but yes, it indeed was a miracle."

"it's actually really funny how we and mingyu and wonwoo found each other again through a miracle." seungcheol exclaimed, finding it odd yet beautiful at the same time. "now if junhui could heal too it would be three in a row."

a silence dawned upon the couple with only thinking of junhui's unfortunate fate, making it a seemingly heavy topic to even think of. though junhui had only been with them since mingyu's arrival, he immediately became a precious part of the group that couldn't be left out in any possible way.

"i really don't want anything to happen to him." jeonghan clamped himself a little tighter against seungcheol, finding it difficult to talk about possibly losing him.

"let's just go along with what junhui and doc said earlier and not assume anything before more news arrives from the doctors." seungcheol moved his left hand up to jeonghan's cheek, leaving the other one around his waist, as he guided his face up to make direct eye contact. as gentle as he was, seungcheol smiled in delight and pressed a tender kiss against jeonghan's lips, caressing the skin of his cheek with his thumb in a form of reassurance.

"let's hope junhui will get his miracle as well."