四十二

warm-hearted laughter filled the lake house's living room in the late afternoon. junhui's visitors certainly brought a more lively atmosphere to doc's house, as the adult was observing them with a fatherly smile every now and then from afar. even minghao seemed to be entirely comfortable in the company of exactly eight new faces, seemingly falling in place.

"say, how about we go for a swim?" mingyu proposed, surprising junhui with the sudden idea.

"a swim? you're aware that the temperatures out here are way different than back at home, right?" junhui pointed out the at least ten degrees difference, not having swum outside here once ever since his arrival. he didn't even know if they were allowed to, seeing it was quite a gigantic lake.

"come on, we've been swimming in the sea just about six weeks ago. it can hardly be that cold." hansol helped mingyu, visibly excited to take a dive as well.

junhui, knowing all too well that he could hardly win against them once they got an idea, gave in and shot a hopeful glance over at doc, who did nothing else but laugh about the idea.

"in all my time hosting this house no one ever asked to swim, go ahead boys! just stay close at shore please, i don't know the dangers the lake brings along the deeper you go." doc waved them away, gesturing for them to get changed into their swimming wear. "oh and please keep an eye on the time! food will be ready at six exactly."

"we will!" chan was the first one to jump up from the couch and to take a sprint towards the open circling staircase, rushing up the stairs so he would be the first one done changing. "hey you! go ahead and use our rooms to get changed!" yanan called after the boy, as all the remaining patients were seated spread across the living room. since their rooms weren't being used right now, they gave the visitors access to get changed so they could go swimming as fast as possible and still all had their own privacy.

"it's no problem for me and seungcheol to get changed in the same room!" jeonghan jerked seungcheol up from his seat and led him to the staircase.

"jeonghan please, this isn't the place to-" "junhui shut up! we're not having sex in a hospital experiment. yes, this house has a beautiful interior and is located at the best place ever, but at least i have respect and dignity left!" jeonghan defended himself as he rushed up the staircase, being followed up close by mingyu and wonwoo, who most likely also were about to share a room.

it took a small moment filled of chaos for the group to all collect their swimming trunks and spread across the separate rooms so they could get changed in all privacy. especially since no locks were allowed on the bedroom doors, they had to wait until everyone picked a separate room just to prevent accidentally invading privacy.

and just like that, minghao and junhui had coincidentally ended up together in minghao's bedroom.

"i promise that i won't look at you when you get changed." junhui said, seemingly comfortable to get stark naked in minghao's company. while the younger obviously had different thoughts on that.

"you better not!" minghao's voice shot up a few octaves higher in embarrassment, covering it up with a heavier cough. he watched junhui turn around and when the older started discarding pieces of clothes, minghao turned around as well, being respective towards junhui's own privacy as well.

even when junhui was noticeable way more comfortable about it than he was himself and was visibly okay with whatever, minghao wouldn't watch him without junhui saying those exact words first. and even once minghao had discarded all pieces of clothing and stood stark naked midst his room, his back facing junhui, he didn't felt awkward nor uncomfortable at all.

junhui's presence tend to calm him down, even when he wasn't able to see him. just simply being aware of him being near him made him feel at ease. especially in a situation like this, where he would usually feel horribly awful, there was nothing he worried about.

until the moment came where he had to turn around, being clothed in nothing but his swimming trunks that covered his lower abdomen and his entire upper body being revealed. sudden insecurities stroke him harder than he had expected. as comfortable as he felt earlier, uneasiness took over when he saw junhui patiently waiting in his swimming trunks as well, not turning around until he received the slightest sign.

"jun.. please promise you won't judge." minghao spoke out in a bare whisper, staring at the floor when he heard the wood underneath junhui's feet creak, meaning he had turned around and was making way towards him.

"judge? what is there to judge?" junhui spoke in an equally silent tone, adapting to minghao's sudden mood change.

"my body." minghao said, still refusing to tear his gaze from the woodgrains. until tender fingertips connected with his palms, sliding up all the way to his bare shoulders on a slow pace. calmly, minghao tilted his head to meet junhui's heartwarming gaze, who had been observing him with nothing but love.

"there's nothing i'm judging you for haohao." junhui breathed out, pressing a small kiss against minghao's forehead. "beside the fact that you're abnormally beautiful, there's nothing i have to say about your body."

minghao was built thin, slender, fragile almost. yet traces of veins crept up his arms and his chest was particularly well built, containing slight muscles and being formed in a healthy way. his collarbones were deep, and fit perfect with his outstanding rather long neck and his pointy shoulders. something worth treasuring and something so angelic that even minghao deserved to be aware of it himself.

minghao on the other hand had a hard time keeping his eyes off junhui's chest as well. his skin tone was like honey, as his body was built strong. junhui wasn't that muscular, nor boney, but perfectly in between. a flat tummy, a faintly puffed chest and several layers of beautifully formed veins that ran over the entire surface of his arms, making minghao curious of how they would feel if he ran his fingers over them.

and for a moment they just stood there, shamelessly wandering their eyes over each other's bodies in the most non-sexual way they had ever experienced. it was such a lovely moment, where they seemed to truly discover each other in the most intimate but comfortable way ever.

and minghao knew, that never on earth he would meet a guy as pure hearted and understanding as wen junhui, who stood right in front of him in all his glory. he truly was one of a kind.