十四

"so here, my dearest students, we see a butterfly. also known as the red admiral, which you can recognize by its black and red wings. fascinating isn't it- whoops there he goes." doc pointed after the red winged butterfly who flew away in all his glory. 

it was only just a little after lunch when doc had decided to jump back into his act as a touring guide, being accompanied by the handful of patients from the lake house. wheein, teemin and yanan walked up front, right behind doc who lead them the way. and a few feet behind them walked junhui, right next to a sulking minghao, who hadn't originally  planned on going outside today.

"i hate you." minghao grumbled underneath his breath as he violently elbowed junhui in his side, burying his hands deeper in the pockets of his skinny jeans. 

"oh you don't." junhui contradicted him, playfully elbowing him back. 

the temperatures had went reasonably high up for a summer day at the lake, meaning the group of teens could walk without having to wear their coats. short sleeved t-shirts and even some knee height shorts. 

the landscape got even more beautiful the further they got into it. the path alongside the lake lead them past meadows full of daisies and other pastel colored flowers. trees that secured them shadow from the burning sun from time to time as endless forests stretched out.  

the overflow in different types of nature was breathtaking and junhui had absolute no complains at all. the serene water of the lake reflected the sun in it, warming up the surroundings even more. it all felt like such pure.. happiness. 

having minghao by his side, walking behind doc with his enjoyable sense of humor as he played for touring guide and the beautiful nature that surrounded them. unlike the bustling city, the calmness of the scenery was something the chinese male could definitely get used to. 

until the serene silence was shattered by junhui groaning in pain out of a sudden, sinking through his legs unexpectedly. it was unlike him to just lose strength as he never had experienced such disabilities, yet here he was. laying on the floor while reaching for his kneecaps who were burning in pain. 

minghao was the first to crouch down to the floor, panic clouding his eyes. "junhui? junhui, what's happening?" but his voice seemed only distant, scarcely audible for the boy on the ground.

his voice soon went followed by doc, who kneeled down on the floor next to junhui as well. "junhui, can you hear me?" with his heart pounding against his skull and his vision hazy, junhui tried nodding his head. 

regaining strength seemed harder than it had ever been and junhui had no idea where this attack suddenly came from. however, as fast as it hit him it also vanished again. his vision cleared before he had the ability to wink and all sounds around him became crystal clear. 

"jesus christ, what was that." junhui carelessly sat straight, ignoring the thumping headache in the back of his skull. beside the fact that he suddenly fell to the ground, he could barely remember what exactly had happened. that's why the questioning looks he received from the entire group confused him. "uh.. what exactly did just happen?" 

"you just fell." doc's eyebrows were knitted, as if he had a hard time figuring out himself what happened. "i heard you shouting something behind me and before i knew it you lay on the ground. is it okay with you if i touch your knees, you reached for them so i assume it has do to something with it."

junhui nodded, allowing the professional doctor access to his knees. though as many times as he tapped to check if something was wrong, the feeling of pain he felt before had entirely vanished. junhui was certain he felt as healthy as ever before. then what had happened to him just a minute ago?

"i can't seem to find what the answer is.. you know what, let's shorten our route. i think it won't do any harm if junhui gets some extra rest and i have to make a phone call to doctor kihyun." his stern expression soon made place for the playful tour guide he'd been acting like for the entire road so far. "now let's continue exploring the beauty of nature, shall we!" 

the doctor and his 'students' continued the path, leaving junhui and minghao behind. but before junhui had the actual chance to get up he was embraced by a slender pair of arms, wrapped secured around his neck. "i was so scared." minghao whispered in the tiniest voice junhui had ever heard from him. 

"hey shhh, it was nothing. probably just a rabbit hole in the ground or something." though both minghao and junhui knew it was a lie, minghao couldn't stop hugging him. the slightest things managed to scare him, but junhui was glad he was finally able to express it at least somewhat. 

"minghao i'm fine, i really am." junhui stood up in a swift motion, lifting up minghao along the way, who kept his arms tightly around his neck. even with the height difference, minghao just tiptoed a little to remain their position. "minghao?" 

"please don't do that ever again." junhui didn't want to lie for a second time, so he remained silent, finally returning the hug by wrapping his arms around the boy's waist. 

"we should follow the group, we're falling behind." junhui effectively switched the subject, feeling how minghao slowly slid his arms off his shoulders. how much he wanted to stay inside his arms, they couldn't lose track of doc and the patients. 

hesitantly, minghao reached for junhui's hand and intertwined their fingers together. "i thought you didn't like physical touch, huh?" junhui playfully nudged minghao in his side as they continued their walk. 

"oh shut up." minghao huffed in response, trying to slip his hand out of junhui's grasp. which failed, since junhui wasn't planning on letting him go now he got him this far. 

"oh no no no, you're staying here now." 

if junhui only noticed the genuine smile that tugged on minghao's lips on his words.