十七

sparks - coldplay

"this is amazing" junhui let out a content sigh as he stared up at the million little specks in the universe that guarded over the two boys who lay in the middle of a field, stargazing. 

"you make us sound like an old married couple who just had sex." minghao giggled and hid his face underneath his blanket after he made the vulgar joke.

"minghao please!" junhui shuffled a little closer, their shoulders brushing against one another. "i was talking about the view. us. everything actually." 

the elder had his hands behind his head as a support to not burden his neck from looking up, feeling minghao shuffling a tad bit closer to him as well. his face appeared above the blanket again, the fair moonlight painting a white hue on his jet black hair and perfectly defined facial features. 

"us?" hope flashed through minghao's eyes as he rolled onto his side, junhui being the centre of his attention. 

"yes, us. i like being with you like this." junhui admitted, looking beside him to catch minghao's eyes and to flash his charming smile. 

"you do?" 

if minghao only knew how much the elder adored him. just seeing the look of wonder on his face when he looked up at the endless galaxy was enough to make junhui's heart go crazy. or how he could switch up from his shy side to being more than comfortable within less than a second. and within the week he had spend in the lake house junhui was well aware that minghao was only able to be fully comfortable in his presence. 

even now, with insecurity painted all over his face, junhui could do nothing else but to adore the male beside him. 

an endearing little grin appeared on junhui's face, making minghao wait in anticipation for the answer he was about to receive. "of course i do, i love how talkative you can get with me sometimes or how our silences are so peaceful. just being with you like this makes me really happy." 

the reflection of the stars in minghao's eyes was so beautiful, junhui wished it could remain engraved inside his brain for ever. and the small smile that tugged on his lips soon after made it even more attractive.

"i feel happy too junhui." minghao said softly. "i really want to feel like this forever." 

"then why don't we?" junhui replied, also rolling onto his side so he was able to maintain the eye contact. 

minghao shrugged, visibly doubting to say the next. "because it's easy for you to leave me eventually, especially once we're able to leave the lake house." 

junhui chuckled on the ridiculous things minghao said, bringing his hand up to the younger's shoulder to ensure him that what he said absolutely wasn't the case. "and what makes you think i am like that?" 

"i'm just saying, it could be. it's easy to lose touch eventually. and i just.." minghao had to take a short pause to say the next, finding it hard to speak about his difficulties so openly. however, with junhui laying beside him like that he was certain that he was the last person on earth to judge him. "..i finally feel like i'm able to get better.. because of you."

the boy hurriedly looked down, not wanting junhui to see him in such vulnerable state. "hey hey hey, look at me." junhui followed his movement, getting even closer to him so he was able to look directly into his eyes. "and i'm proud that you're able to improve yourself. you're doing so well minghao and despite the doctors telling you otherwise, i'm certain that you're able to get there." 

"but what if i get better eventually and you won't be there with me anymore. once you get better and return to your own town with your friends and to that cafe, what will i be to you?" 

"how about, my boyfriend?" junhui made yet another flirtatious comment as he propped himself up on his elbow, resting his cheek against his hand. 

"my manager would never allow that." minghao looked away again, not wanting to admit to the feeling of how much he wanted it. junhui never failed to make his heart skip a beat, yet he knew he would lose everything he had built up as an idol if he continued growing closer to junhui. even though how much he didn't want to, he couldn't help but to grow attached to the playful male next to him in the grass.

"then have you never thought of another career? tell me something about yourself minghao, what would you love to do?" junhui's excitement made minghao look up again, a smile appearing on his face on an instant. 

"well.. eh, i've always dreamt about doing art. you know, to have my own studio or to even open up an exhibition one day! i've loved painting ever since i was young and i really want to discover my own style. and i also really love dancing, so maybe i could combine my art and dancing in one studio?" minghao didn't even notice the wide smile that had appeared on his face, the moonlight illuminating his pearly white canines. 

"then why don't you come with me? i have my own apartment and we can find you a place to rent for your art and dance studio. we have a lot in town so that'd be easy. we can drink coffee after closing hours in seungcheol's cafe everyday and i have a car to drive you to all the places i want to show you. and you will be able to meet all my friends!" junhui happily proposed, yet his excitement died down once he saw the worried frown on minghao's face. 

"the manager would kill me.." he choked out, tears suddenly rolling down his cheeks. "i.. i really want to come with you.." 

junhui lay back down again, moving closer to minghao so their foreheads slightly brushed against each other. "hey.. shhhh, it's okay. we'll find a way, okay?" minghao nodded, his eyes big and filled with a spark of hope. "we will figure it out." 

and that was all minghao needed to hear, underneath the starry night sky in the middle of one of the endless grass fields in the abandoned valley where two boys had found each other.