三十

clocks - coldplay

junhui sat on his bed, legs crossed as he was reminiscing about all the memorable things he had experienced that day. from dinner in that small italian restaurant - which was of course initiated by doc who had told that their food preparation came closest to the traditional way - to the way minghao had been filled with ecstasy on their search for that little magnet all through the small shopping center.

it was only eleven, still early in junhui's opinion as falling asleep seemed to become only harder with every day that gone by. and he guessed minghao wouldn't be here any time soon either as their rooms had been checked about half an hour ago and the boy usually payed his nightly visit far after midnight.

waiting patiently seemed to be junhui's only option, as he had already written his thoughts in a little notebook he kept close. just in case..

to his surprise, it only took about ten minutes for the hinges in his door to creak. his early appearance was sudden since junhui hadn't expected him to visit him so early. yet here he was, standing in all his glory as he wore his kermit the frog button up pajama and his hair was unbrushed and wavy.

"hao- shh shh, close the door carefully, the doctors haven't went to bed yet." junhui whispered, placing his index finger on top of his lips and gesturing for minghao to do what he had just said.

with a faint giggle he obeyed him, closing the door without making further noise and trying his hardest to not make the lock click back as loud as usual.

"you're early tonight." junhui chuckled, resting his back against the headboard of his bed, relieve washing over him that they didn't get caught.

"well you said you pictured us as a couple." minghao giggled once again, tiptoeing over to the bed.

"oh i surely did." junhui confidently spoke, staring up at the boy standing right next to his bed. "but that still doesn't explain why you came here so early."

"i wasn't finished yet.." minghao somehow couldn't refrain his giggles as he seemed to be filled with a certain rush of excitement. ".. i want to cuddle with you."

a grin of pure happiness and satisfaction spread across junhui's lips, seeing minghao speaking his needs with so much certainty. "oh get here you." junhui said with sparkling excitement, his voice at least two octaves higher which seemed to make minghao only happier.

without any form of hesitance, minghao dropped himself on the bed, falling inside junhui's widely opened and welcoming arms. as junhui was still sitting against the bed's headboard, minghao found comfort in resting his head against junhui's chest near his collarbones and leaning up against his warm chest.

"i like this." junhui breathed out once minghao stopped twisting in his position, bringing his right hand up to the back of minghao's head as the other one found his shoulder blade.

it never escaped him that minghao fit precisely inside his arms, it all felt just right. even when his body was rather fragile and delicate, junhui treasured every inch of it and handled him with the large amount of care he deserved.

his fingertips trailed all over minghao's back, getting stuck in the wrinkles of his oversized pajama top every now and then and giving minghao's back gentle scratches. while his other hand was working wonders on the back of his head, massaging his scalp which had minghao letting out content hums every now and then.

minghao draped his left arm around his waist once he felt comfortable enough to do so, steadying his grip on the taller boy. a gesture that had junhui's heart clenching inside his chest.

"i never expected to find you in a place like this."

junhui was a little taken aback by his choice of words, yet couldn't refrain the storm of aggressively fluttering butterflies from roaming through his tummy. "you're saying it as if we're inmates in our country's largest prison." junhui joked, receiving another one of those giggles that made him feel that certain feeling.

"technically we're being kept from the outside world." minghao admitted, bringing a hand up to junhui's chest, carelessly drawing patterns on it with his fingers.

"you should see it from the bright side." junhui spoke in his characteristic sense of optimism. "it's like some sort of vacation resort."

"a vacation resort with doctors?" minghao asked, not quite catching into the point junhui was trying to make.

"yes! the landscape out here is something unique and the little town we visited today isn't something you'll see quite often. a vacation in such a beautiful abandoned valley is something that only happens once in a lifetime." junhui explained, staring down at the boy he held so dearly.

"a vacation with you is like that too." minghao said, tilting his head so he was able to look at junhui. 

a sudden magnetic tension seemed to appear between the proximity of their faces as minghao leaned up on his arms, bringing his face only closer to junhui's. and junhui knew that this was his chance. a moment like this would never happen so smooth and willingly again, making it only more alluring for him to take things a step further. 

as tender as he was, junhui brought his hand up to cup minghao's cheek, rubbing his silky soft skin with his thumb. "god, you're even more beautiful up close." junhui whispered, brushing his nose over minghao's to create less space between them. 

and then out of a sudden, to rise the speed of their fastened heartbeats, junhui closed the distance and connected their lips in a heartfelt kiss ever so gently. junhui finally felt as if everything would be alright, having minghao this close to him with ecstasy roaming through his entire body, kissing the boy he endeared with all his heart. 

but was it?

because even when junhui thought that they had finally made it, he was harshly pushed back against the headboard. a loud thud echoed the room that came from junhui hitting his head against the wall behind him, followed by a loud cry that pierced through the overwhelming silence. 

minghao's eyes were filled with that same sense of panic his gaze held on their first meeting, the boy crawling back and falling off the bed eventually, not stopping until his back hit the wall. tears started leaving his eyes as he continued screaming, calling out for help for anyone who was able to hear him. 

and all junhui could do was watch helplessly and wait for anyone to enter the room eventually. his entire body went numb with minghao staring his eyes with so much agony and pain, knowing all too well that it was another black-out and minghao most likely couldn't recognize him. 

"what's going on in here?" the door was thrown open by doc, who hurriedly switched on the light, eyeing the mortifying scenery in front of him. roger rushed into the room too, followed closely by dorothy so they could guide minghao out of the room with the two of them. 

"w-where's junhui?" minghao stammered out in his panicked state, desperately staring up at the two doctors who pulled him up from the floor by his shoulders with pleading eyes. "p-please? where is he?" he screamed again, probably waking up all the others with his painfully loud screams as well. 

junhui was still in shock from what exactly had happened, helplessly staring at minghao being dragged out of the room, crying out for help. tears clouded his vision when he realized that he had never asked minghao for consent, it probably being the exact reason why the poor boy had blacked-out out of a sudden and reacted like this. 

however, the thing that haunted junhui most was minghao calling out for him while he had been right in front of him, staring back into his eyes without any sense of recognition..