endless green meadows and a clear blue sky made it the perfect weather for junhui to endure his road trip. because the journey he made by car wasn't just a simple hour drive. oh no. the doctor had sent him to a specific location all the way on the other side of the country. where he would not only spend his upcoming time in a remote area, but the temperature would also be about ten degrees colder than in his hometown. 

which simply sucked, in junhui's opinion, as the boy loved summer.

after packing his bags and locking the door of his apartment, however, he regained some excitement. a trip to a lake house didn't seem so bad, does it? it would be a tiny second vacation, perhaps. 

the rolled down windows had been closed soon enough, since the temperature changed drastically the closer he got to his location. lucky for him, he brought a ton of clothes, under which more than enough hoodies and sweaters to prevent himself from catching a cold. 

a lively chinese rock song blasted through the radio of his silver sedan when junhui finally arrived his destination. darkness had already dawned upon him as he parked his car beside the building. beside the fact that the house looked quite big, junhui was surprised by the magical feeling it radiated. 

entirely built out of wood, a porch up front, the area on the back secluded by fences and bushes, it seemed like a place he would be able to feel at home. large windows covered majority of the walls on the first floor, warm yellow light burning inside. it kind of reminisced a place he'd been earlier that summer, which made his curiosity about the insides of the place even bigger.  

"you must be wen junhui?" a nearly bald doctor stood in the doorway, welcoming the startled boy who hadn't noticed his presence in the first place. the man wore casual clothing, a red knitted sweater and a beige trousers, his outfit matching with woolen socks. there were only fair traces of wrinkles visible on his face, making junhui assume he was in his mid forties at most. 

"yes sir, i see i arrived at the right location." junhui's laughter brought a smile upon the man's face.

"it's been a while since a patient arrived with such optimism, they're certainly going to love you in here. my name is doctor park, but everyone just calls me doc. if you feel the need to address me with something else or something more original, feel free to use it! now come in junhui, it's getting quite cold outside."

junhui had to admit, doc's enthusiasm brought warmth upon him, whose expectations had been something completely different. he expected the doctors to wear those white coats, or at least carry a clipboard. while this man looked like he could be a regular father with those embarrassing gigantic socks, which junhui quickly had taken a liking to. 

"oh, before i forget to mention. you're not exactly allowed a phone and your car keys in here.. we keep them in a box safe, so i would really appreciate it if you would give me those. you're allowed to spend thirty minutes each day on your phone and your car will only be used in emergency occasions." 

even when junhui preferred to keep his belongings with him, he knew there was no other option.  he had to praise the god's for this outstanding opportunity to escape the hospital. so he simply shrugged and handed his device and keys over. "sure!" 

"well, that was easy! you know what, how about you put your bags down right here for a bit and join me on a cup of chocolate! it would be good if we get to know each other. doctor kihyun has sent me your test results and further additional papers, you know all that nonsense. so how about some hot coco and whipped cream? oh i think i even still got some of those delicious cookies!" 

junhui loved his endless blabbering and his sense of humor and totally went along with it, dropping his bags and respectfully putting them in the corner. doctor park went up front and lead him to the living room, asking junhui to close the door behind them. 

"just make yourself comfortable, i'll be back in five minutes with two cups of hot coco and your papers!" doc disappeared in a kitchen, leaving junhui behind in the reasonable large living room. 

even the interior on the inside was entirely made out of wood, which fascinated junhui as he let his eyes wander over every little detail. from the few maroon sofa's stuffed in two corners of the room, to the large dining table near the kitchen all the way to the crackling fireplace as a finishing touch to the already cozy atmosphere. 

there even was another presence in the room that caught junhui's attention, seated in the sofa near the fireplace. his black hair cover up majority of his well defined face and ended in a mullet that reached shoulder length. he wore a pair of thin framed glasses that stood on the tip of his nose, ready to fall off, as he was engulfed in a book.

somehow, the boy seemed so ethereal and angelic, junhui couldn't fight the urge of walking up to him. the orange glow the fire drew on his face made him look even more gracious, now junhui was able to see more details engraved in his face from up close. 

with a little hesitation, he sat down on the couch next to him and tried to get the still unfamiliar boy's attention by clearing his throat. "hey, i- uh, i'm new here." junhui made an attempt to start a conversation, confused as to why his usual confidence abandoned him so suddenly. 

although junhui felt a smile tugging onto his lips the moment the raven boy looked up and acknowledged his presence. his dark eyes momentarily grew wide, which caused slight fear for junhui that he might've made the boy uncomfortable. until he spoke the rather unusual first words, junhui would never be able to forget.

"do you want my autograph?"