三十五

minghao had slept peacefully throughout the entire night, being wrapped up in a blanket within a pair of arms that secured him even more extra warmth. junhui however, had gotten the smallest amount of sleep that night ever since he set foot into the lake house. fifty minutes, an hour at most.

unknown to minghao, junhui had watched him occasionally, fascinated by his outstanding defined facial structure. even when the rose-pink light of dawn stretched out over the horizon and illuminated the room on a rather slow pace, introducing the beginning of yet another new day.

which also meant, junhui could text his friends the good news today.

the group chat had been quite silent lately, making junhui wonder if they were having fun and what exactly they were doing. of course, the main factor of chaos in the group, yoon jeonghan, had gotten in a relationship before junhui entered the chat.

soonyoung's tales told that jeonghan had always been the one to text first. and since it was midst their summer holiday, they were most likely busy with paying visits to seungcheol's coffee and planning a lot of activities to spend their days.

and oh how junhui missed them and their uniquely weird behavior. however, he was also glad that they would be reunited soon enough again, giving him the opportunity to introduce minghao to them. his very own first boyfriend.

minghao winced, his eyes tightening for a mere second before junhui felt movement. immediately junhui averted his gaze to minghao's face, observing his expression from up close so he could be there if he possibly blacked out again.

out of a sudden minghao jolted awake, sitting straight in bed with his eyes wide open, completely unaware of junhui's body laying beside him. junhui slightly elevated his head to keep staring at minghao's face, only able to eye his defined jawbone from that angle.

it didn't take long for minghao to adjust to his surroundings this time, recognizing where he was and most important, with whom. a relieved smile flashed over his face once his eyes landed on his boyfriend calmly laying beside him, propped up on his elbows to have the best view of minghao.

"hey, i'm s-"

"please don't apologize." junhui whispered before minghao even had the chance to finish the sentence he was about to say.

careful, not to scare the younger, junhui brought his hand up to his shoulder and guided the boy back in his previous position, resting his cheek on the pillow. "good morning hao." junhui breathed out once he felt minghao's tensed shoulder loosening up underneath his fingertips.

minghao let out a content hum once he realized he shared a bed with none other than junhui himself. so without further hesitancy he shuffled closer and nuzzled his nose in the crook of junhui's neck, while junhui remained with his back flat on the bed. "mhm jun.. good morning."

"cuddly, hmm?" junhui whispered, sending butterflies down to minghao's tummy with his morning voice, that sounded at least a good three octaves lower than his regular voice.

minghao let out a faint giggle as he snuggled even closer against junhui's skin. "having any objections against it?" defiance sparked off his tone, in a way that had junhui chuckling confidently.

"oh i certainly do not. you know that once you start cuddling me it's impossible to get away, right?" junhui played along with minghao's defiance, enjoying the occasional giggles that left minghao's lips.

a comfortable silence dawned upon them, both boys staring outside the window at the opposite side of the room, enjoying the glorious colors of the sky and the majestic landscape that stretched out right in front of them. junhui saw his chance and took the opportunity to tell minghao something he'd been dying to tell all night.

"hey hao? i have some good news." junhui started, gaining minghao's attention with just that one sentence. the younger tilted his head with a silly smile plastered to his face. "you do? tell me about it!"

"doc has also told me some positive things yesterday actually." junhui said, finding minghao's enthusiasm far too entertaining. "i'm allowed to invite my friends over for a day! so now i can finally introduce you to them!"

minghao's eyes widened, his smile growing so junhui was able to see two rows of perfectly whitened teeth. "you want to introduce me to your friends?" the younger asked rather surprised.

"god, you have no idea." junhui let out a breathy chuckle, unable to tear his gaze apart from minghao's sparkling eyes. "i've been waiting far too long to introduce you to them."

"but, they're going to accept me right..?" minghao's insecurity of meeting new people hit him out of a sudden, his smile slowly fading the more he thought about it.

"they're going to like you even." junhui assured him, pressing the tiniest kiss against his forehead. "and besides, can't i show off my boyfriend a little? huh?"

junhui's confidence affected minghao in the best way possible, making him feel a certain type of way. "in my case that would mean both our faces spread over the media across the entire country." minghao cynically laughed, clamping a little tighter onto his torso.

"maybe that will happen too eventually. who knows." junhui said, genuinely not as concerned as minghao. as long as that douchebag of a manager wouldn't show up to ruin their future plans and junhui's condition wouldn't get in their way, he didn't mind being known throughout an entire country. 

as long as minghao would be there with him, he would be okay with it. 

"will they really like me?" minghao asked once again, finding it seemingly a little scary still. even with junhui's confirmation on the fact that his friends would most likely go along with him anyhow, minghao tend to get insecure about situations like this. 

"yes!" junhui let out a chuckle as he tried to convince minghao. "if there's anything i can guarantee you with one hundred percent certainty it's the fact that my friends will accept you in our toe cult and love to hang around with you." 

minghao giggled fondly, tilting his head to look at junhui. "i still don't see what you all like about toes, but i guess that's something i have to find out about myself." 

junhui stared back at him with an amused smile. "oh and you certainly will."