三十七

"if chan is able to get everything arranged, they will be here by the end of the week." junhui stood in the doorframe of his bedroom, blocking the view for doc as minghao was hiding underneath his blanket. 

and even if he caught minghao in his bed, junhui doubted doc would have any objections against it. 

"that sounds like a perfect plan! they will be staying over right? just making sure so i don't take too little groceries with me when i go to the store tomorrow." doc said, mirroring junhui's delighted expression. the adult was simply glad to see junhui's level of concern lower than how it had been ever since he had received specifications about his disease. 

"chan said it's no problem for them to stay over! should i ask them to bring certain supplies?" junhui asked doc, who stretched his arms above his head and let out a tired yawn, as it was starting to get quite late. 

"if i'm correct there's a few extra mattresses in the shed and some old blankets. if we clean them tomorrow and bring the mattresses up to your room the day before they get here it should be enough, right?" doc explained, making a note to himself to check the shed the day after. 

"that's perfect!" junhui said, letting out a small chuckle on the thought that crossed his mind. "i don't think jeonghan and seungcheol, and mingyu and wonwoo need separate mattresses. they will probably be impossible to separate at this point. that will only make it six mattresses for chan, hansol, soonyoung, jisoo and the two couples."

"i think you missed someone?" doc pointed out, placing the tip of his index finger against his lips. "what about minghao?" 

junhui's eyes widened a little, not wanting to tell doc that minghao would most likely sleep in his own bed anyhow. as they had been doing that more.. "well.. we could arrange a mattress for him too, i guess?" 

"hmm i see.." doc said with a mischievous grin plastered to his face, not able to conceal the inner  happiness he felt. "so who's the person underneath your blanket then? or should i play along and say it's nothing more than your pillow." 

a furious red blush painted junhui's cheeks, eyeing the floor as his nerves told him to look away from doc. "busted.." he whispered silently, speaking up a little louder. "hao, it's okay you can show yourself now."

with his lips curling up in a guilty smile, minghao peeked from underneath the duvets, remaining in the same position as he refused to get up from junhui's safe bed. "oh i should've expected this." doc laughed, looking around the hallway to check if he really was the only one checking in for the last time that night. 

no more doctors were to be found, making his decision easier to be spoken out loud. "i can hardly say you're not allowed to sleep together. i know how beautiful young love can be. it would be a waste if i'd separate you now, don't you think?" 

junhui nodded, scratching the back of his head once he found the courage to lift his gaze back up. "so.. he's allowed to stay with me tonight?" he shamefully asked, throwing an encouraging glance over his shoulder at minghao, who took it as a hint. 

"i can't really fall asleep when i'm alone.. and it makes this place a lot better actually. so, please?" minghao added onto junhui's previous statement, causing a sly smile to creep up to junhui's face.

"well i'm aware that it's against the rules, but you know what the other doctors don't need to know about it." doc threw junhui a fatherly wink, patting him on his shoulder. "i will allow it for tonight, just make sure you don't get caught again and stay with the routine you had earlier."

"we will, thank you for making another exception doc." junhui was beyond grateful to be under doc's wing, finding so much comfort in his daily presence. 

and so they wished each other a good night, making junhui close his door quickly so they wouldn't get caught by anyone else beside doc. he doubted a doctor like dorothy would allow them to actually sleep together. "we should indeed stick to our former routine, imagine dorothy coming in your room and finding out no ones there. i bet we wouldn't be able to sleep together until we get out of the lake house one day."

minghao laughed about junhui's words, carefully eyeing every movement junhui made as the boy entered his own bed, slipping under the duvets beside minghao. "i'm really glad doc approves us." minghao giggled, gazing directly into junhui's eyes when the boy lay his head on the pillow. "it just makes me happy to be accepted by so many people around me."

"i told you that not everyone is like that previous manager of yours." even if it was a sensitive topic, minghao seemed to find comfort in the way junhui put it into words. "he's not here to judge you for who you are or for who you want to be with. which makes it only easier for me to give you unlimited attention, hmm?" 

of course, junhui couldn't resist adding the flirtatious comment, seeing it never failed to cause an adorable reaction on minghao. "i'm glad he's no longer around to control my entire life. and i can't wait to get out of here so i can destroy my contract and continue my life with you." 

even when a certain feeling of guilt stroke junhui's heart because of the careless lies he'd been promising minghao, he kept pushing the feeling away. minghao made him feel so happy with the slightest things he said, which gave him a certain affirmation that everything might be alright in the end. 

"and even if he's not around, no one should be allowed to have full control over you hao." junhui whispered, pressing a tender kiss on the younger his nose. 

"if it's you i might be okay with it." minghao whispered in return, keeping his eyes closed as he sincerely enjoyed junhui's lips scarcely brushing over his nose. 

"and even if you would be okay with that, i would never even think of it." junhui chuckled, being more than sure that no matter what situation might occur, he would never force minghao in a position he didn't want to be in. and with that, take full control over him. "you're the only one in control, no one else. i would only guide you a little to achieve that at most."

minghao giggled, grabbing a gentle hold of junhui's face along with it. "i've never met a person who thinks that way.. and i don't think i can ever get used to your gentle way of treating me."