三十四

crow - wen junhui

"hey, you came again." junhui felt a small smile tugging on his lips when he eyed minghao stepping inside his room, far past midnight as they didn't want to get caught by the doctors again.

minghao let out a faint giggle once the door was entirely shut, calmly walking up to the bed and waiting by his bedside for junhui to lift the covers and to allow him inside his bed. which happened all naturally, as junhui caught onto his intentions fast enough. all too willingly, minghao shuffled underneath the duvets, secretly admiring junhui's caring self as he tucked his legs in perfectly.

"i wanted to check if everything was alright.. i haven't seen you much after, you know, what happened this afternoon." minghao whispered, fiddling with his fingers on top of the blankets.

it wasn't common for junhui to act distant towards anyone, especially not minghao. and though minghao naturally assumed it was something he did and instantly blamed himself, he had let junhui be for his time being. but he knew he wouldn't get any sleep if he didn't pay his nightly visit to junhui, which had became a routine at this point.

"doc told me it's best if i leave out on his daily walks.." junhui let out a disappointed sigh, staring straight ahead as he tightened his jaw, not wanting to show minghao the emotions he had been coping with for the past while. "they told me my condition might be worse than expected."

junhui had told minghao about the fact that his muscles and body would start working against him eventually a few days back, though the crucial parts of his mysterious illness had been left unspoken. and though he wasn't planning on telling minghao the entire story yet, the boy deserved to at least know what would most likely happen to his body in the next three weeks.

a possible death still seemed too heavy to discuss with minghao as junhui didn't want to hurt him with his unfortunate fate. especially since it wasn't even officially claimed yet.

"then i'll stay here with you." minghao whispered the reassuring words, regaining junhui's focus. "it's like you said to me when we were stargazing; we'll figure it out. we'll just find a way."

junhui took no hesitance in grabbing a gentle hold of minghao's hands above the surface of the blanket, stopping his fingers from nervously fiddling and taking them in his loving hold. the words had meant more to him than he had expected, though he doubted that anything that came from minghao's mouth would be able to bring him down.

minghao could have told him he looked like a monkey whose haircut looked like it got mowed by a lawn mower right on the spot and junhui would've taken it as a confession.

"i'd like that. we'll find a way." junhui whispered, finding comfort in nuzzling his nose in the crook of minghao's neck and inhaling his warm scent. fresh cotton, peaches and a fair hint of expensive cologne that accentuated him perfectly.

it was for the first time junhui was able to show his vulnerable side around minghao, and the younger could clearly see the concern painted all over his face. and so he tried to give junhui the same comfort the elder had been giving him all along by placing his hands on both sides of his face, gently cupping his cheeks and caressing the skin underneath his fingertips.

junhui found the courage to move back up, trailing his nose over minghao's delicate skin until their foreheads met. his eyes remained closed as he took a short pause, giving minghao the final choice whether he wished to close the distance or not.

and so minghao did, closing the gap that had been desperately waiting to be closed. even if it was just a short peck, their lips only scarcely brushing over one another, for them a touch like that held far more meaning than one would think. it was intimate, warm and a way of comfort where no words were needed to be spoken out loud.

"could you stay the night, maybe?" junhui asked once they parted, feeling how minghao's hands remained on both sides of his face. it was a daring question, yet junhui was done with the endless lonesome nights here in the lake house, wanting to hold onto something so he wouldn't feel all alone.

"i was just about to ask you that same question." minghao giggled, allowing junhui to press another short kiss on his lips.

"say, how about we take it a step further than just kissing?" junhui said, sitting back in his former position with his back against the headrest of his bed.

minghao cocked a brow on the particularly odd request. "jun- no we're not having sex in a hospital lake house." junhui had to restrain a high pitched cackle as he threw his head back, covering his mouth with his elbow.

"hao please, i wasn't trying to point out anything close to that." he chuckled, tucking a strand of minghao's jet black hair behind his ear. "i was actually wondering if you maybe wanted to give it a chance to be together with me?"

minghao's cheeks grew a dark shade of red on the sudden confession, though he had seen it coming in some way. "well, i think you know my answer at this point." minghao let out a nervous giggle, trying to avoid eye contact with junhui at any cost as he was seemingly too flustered.

"that's a yes, i assume?" junhui whispered in return, following minghao's movements as the boy dropped the side of his head against junhui's chest, hugging his torso tightly. he chose to not give a verbal reply but to just nod his head instead, filling junhui's tummy with butterflies when the realization hit him.

"i like how you're the exact opposite of possessive. you could have asked me to be yours instead."

"hao, even if we're together that doesn't mean i own you. you're no one's property and being together with me doesn't make you mine." junhui said with a small peck against minghao's forehead. "though in some way calling you mine doesn't seem all too bad if i have to be honest."

minghao giggled, burying his nose deeper in junhui's chest as his fingers clawed in the fabric of his shirt on the back. as greedy as it might seem, minghao needed all of him. every shade of wen junhui, who held him so dearly.

"there's no one else then you who i'd like to hear those words from."