48.

'Who the hell are you?' Liam snaps after I heard the door open downstairs. I'm standing in the door opening of Clay's room. 'I live here.' Clay answers calmly. 'Where the hell is Amelia?' Liam asks. I hear the door hitting something 'she's working a night shift.' Clay lies. 'My neighbors called me, you're waking them up. If Amelia is the person you came for at this hours, you should get going.' Clay says. 'Like hell, night shift is till four. I'll wait for her.' Liam says.

My heart is racing as I dare to quietly walk up to the stairs. I can see a part of Clay. 'I'm not letting you in. Wait somewhere else.' Clay says. 'Who the hell are you, huh? You think you get to send me away like that?' Liam asks, growing more impatient. 'I do think that, because I am. Stop yelling. Goodnight.' Clay says. I see him move but the door gets pushed back into Clay 'you're lying. Let me talk to her.' Liam says. 'Are you fucking dumb?! She's at work, now leave me alone.' Clay gets angry now. He closes the door and locks it before walking up the stairs.

I meet him at the top 'are you okay? Did the door hurt?' I ask. I hold his arm to inspect him. 'I'm okay.' He says as he pats my head. 'Thank you.' I say softly as I look away. 'We'll leave early morning. Go back to sleep.' Clay says. He walks back to his room but I stop in the middle of the hallway when I reach my door. Clay closes his bedroom door but notices me. 'Something wrong?' He asks.

I don't want to say, and I don't want to ask.
He's already doing so much, and it feels like I need him too badly right now. Like a child needing their parent. 'Hey, come here.' Clay says as he opens his door again. I walk up to him and he pulls me in for a hug 'stay with me tonight, I know you won't sleep if I leave you alone.' He says. 'I don't want to bother you.' I mumble into his chest. 'You'd be doing me a favor. I won't have to worry about you not sleeping.' He says. I chuckle as he squeezes me a little.

'Come on.' He says as he takes my hand and leads me inside. He closes the door and I slide in and under the sheets. Clay lays down on his back and closes his eyes. I move a closer and kiss his cheek before laying on my side, my back facing him.

What a drama.