161. Loved.

We're home.

God, I didn't even take in the party.
My mind was to far away.

It just flashed by.

'Amelia, what's going on?'
I look at Clay as I take my necklace off in front of the mirror.
Clay sits behind me, on the corner of the bed. Ready to sleep.
'Past came to life.'

His eyes stay on my back as I watch him in the mirror.
'Im sorry. I just don't know how to make it seem that I'm happy.'
He looks down at his hands 'you don't need to. Be honest with me.'

I sigh and pick up my hairbrush.
Clay gets to his feet, obviously tired.
'What happened?'
He takes the hairbrush from me.
'Memories came back to me. That's all.'
He starts to gently brush my hair as I watch him.

'Tell me more.'

I sigh.
'I just don't get how you're not scared.'

'Clay!' Alyssa's smile is bright when she sees her brother. She hugs him, and his expression softens. His arms wrap around her carefully. 'Hey kiddo.'

'Put me down!' Tyler laughs as Clay carries him upside down. 'Clay!' Tyler shrieks as Clay pretends to drop him. Clay laughs wholeheartedly as he carefully sets his little brother down.

'Hey.' Diana says as Clay and I walk up. 'Glad you're here.' She says as they hug. 'Thanks for having me.' The announcement of their marriage and the approval, yet protectiveness radiated from Clay as Diana looked at him for approval. The small nod Clay gave making her smile brightly.

'Come here bugger.' Clays dad says as he chases his 21 year old son through the kitchen. Clay takes cover at the table, his dad stubbing his toe and limping, making him wheeze with laughter.

'Oh my boy.' Clays mom smiles proudly at him after she had opened the door. She pats him everywhere to check. 'So handsome.' She says as she smiles at him and holds his face between her hands, making his cheeks heat up and a warm smile appear.

That's why.
He's been loved.
By all of them.

God, how different are we.

'Because I have you.'
My eyes meet his in the mirror.
The question, why aren't you scared.

'Yet you terrify me.'
I look down.
'Yeah, me too.'