132.

The unspoken future lies before me.

A test that shouldn't have been needed this soon.
No one is ready for this.

The thoughts that emerge in my head are full of contradictions.

Breath in.
Breath it all in, for the next minute of out this lifetime will be burned into my memory.

The two line as clear as day.
The howling wind and thunder emerge in the second my eyes slide over the plastic in my hands.
before me, lies the path of my future.

My train of through comes to a halt as it reaches its first destination.

The warmth of the tears that leave my eyes is almost comforting, as the feeling about my entire body writhes.
All as the train of thought heads for its next destination.

It's not regret.
Nor despair.

The unknown and terrifying life that lies ahead has started to rush in, and it's beautifully tragic.
This wasn't how it was supposed to happen.

The end of the train of thought will be:
Acceptance
Or so we hope...

Which for now look miles and miles away.
That why the first stop is realization.

It has to become real first. The fact that I'm holding another life in my care. One that isn't just mine, but Clay's too. What will he say or think. Will he be as shocked as me? This wasn't planned.

cold fingers wipe the tears as heavy feet drag themselves out of the bathroom.
Who do I go to first.

Kim
Or
Clay

The question is left unanswered as I roam around the slightly unfamiliar house. The wooden floor boards creak under my weight and I make my way to the stairs. I'll tell whoever I come across first.

I reach the bottom of the stairs, met by a open front door, letting in the humid air and the sound of rain. The air lights up before I turn around.

The air weighs heavy as I make my way to the first room I come across.

The second I enter three curious pairs of eyes land on me. 'What's wrong?' Kim asks as she moves to stand up straight. My eyes land on Clay, and his eyes lock with mine, the thundering nerves rumble in my chest, making my eyes move away from him. 'I need to talk to one of you.' I say with a shaking voice. 'Who?' Micheal asks. 'Doesn't matter, just one of you.' I say. Kim eyes me knowingly and she smiles sadly, eyes full of grief. 'Clay you should talk to her.' She says as she places a gentle hand on his arm.

He moves over,
As waves of nerves wash over me, he walks up with worried eyes.

'Lets sit and talk on the porch.'