145.

I wake up by a bright flash, the rumbling sound of a thunderstorm rolling in.
Tropical storms of Florida's coming summer.

I lay in the a little to small bed, looking at the slanted while ceiling, and looking at the still white and fluffy clouds through the skylight.

Next to me,
Clay.

He looks a peace, unbothered by the coming storm.
His fluffy blonde hair is in front of his eyes, so I gently run my hands through his hair.
Its soft as it glides passed my fingers.

I smile softly as my chest fills with familiar warmth as I look at Clay.
I move to lay back down, carefully laying my head on his shoulder.
The comfort and peace that has slipped away from us for the past few days.

I close my eyes, the steady breathing and warmth pulling me back to sleep.
But before I do, I feel Clay inhale deeply, and after a second he pulls the sleeve that krept it's way up my shoulder, back down. 'I've missed this.' The whisper is meant to leave me undisturbed, yet I can't help but open my eyes.

I move up, holding myself up so I can look at Clay.
He seems a little Frozen in place, heartbeat a little bit faster as my hand lays on his chest.
I want to say something back. I want to have the ability to find the right words in moments like this.

Yet I lean down, and move my hand from his chest to his jaw.
The kiss is clumsy as my nose bumps his, yet it's something that was so needed, it makes my heart flutter like a teenager kissing her crush. Like this is the first time ever.

Without breaking the connection, Clay moves to pull me more on top of him, and his hand doesn't leave my waist as its under my shirt, the skin on skin contact a little bold from his side. My blood rushes as I hope my heartbeat can't be heard.

Let us be this.
Happy, together.
No more fighting.
No more distance.

I move away, the only reason being the need of air.
When my eyes meet clays, his cheeks are dusted pink and he tries nothing to hide it.
Messy love and no shame.

As it has been and should be.

'I love you.'

My voice comes out softer then I had meant, as my eyes are still linked with green ones.
Let this be the end of our fighting and misunderstanding.