11.

When at home Clay opens the car door for me, making me give him a tired smile. His eyes scan my face as he does so. I moves past him to head up the steps to the front door 'Amelia, wait a sec.' He says. I turn to him, one foot on the first step. 'I don't want you to take whatever's going on home. Talk to me and leave it here.' He says. I sigh as I try to decide to just head in or listen. 'I'm offering a hug.' He says. 'I don't-' I cut myself off as I look at the tall blonde man that stands in front of the car. He gives me a sad smile. I walk up to him and stop when I'm just inches away, laying my head against him. He wraps his arms around me as I hold mine to my sides. 'I should have stepped in sooner. But nothing too bad happened. You're okay.' His chest rumbles as he talks. I stay quiet as he keeps his arms around me till I back away.

'Can I go in now?' I ask as I point at the front door. 'Yeah, come on.' He says as he walks with me. We head inside and he chuckles 'Nicks family is something.' He says. I chuckle as well 'yeah tell me about it.' I say as I take my shoes off. 'They are loving though.' I say softly before heading up the stairs.

The next day I get home from work, finding a plate of food on the kitchen counter. A small note that says "not too good, but edible." Making me smile. It's really late, so he must be sleep. I warm the food up and sit down at the dinner table, enjoying the silence. I take a bite, nose scrunching up. I get what he meant with not too good. I swallow and laugh to myself. He tried.

I hear footsteps come down the stairs. A sleepy Clay steps into the room, hair mussed and eyes squinting at the light. He walks past the table without noticing me as he rubs his eyes. He heads to the kitchen. I hear a glass clink and the tap turn on. He walks back out and notices me, jumping a little and spilling water. 'Evening.' I say with a giggle. He's wearing loose sweatpants and a big sweater as he walks barefoot. He looks huggable. 'Hey, you're back?' He sounds adorable. 'I am.' I say with a smile. He looks down at the water on the ground and sighs. 'I'll clean it up, thank you for dinner.' I say. He makes a disgusted face 'it's bad.' He says. 'Little salty.' I say. 'Little?' He says. I shrug. Food is food. 'Go back to bed.' I say. I had the night shift so it's four in the morning. He nods 'night.' 'Goodnight.' 

I leave most of the food and head to bed too.