14. Staying over.

Hearing laughing and yelling from upstairs, I let out a breathy laugh as I hold the cup of tea in my hands. 'He's not annoying?' Alyssa asks. 'Not really, no.' I say. 'Can't be true.' She says. I chuckle at her. 'So, Amelia, are you from around here?' Emily, Clays mom asks. 'No, I'm from a different country.' I say. 'Really?' She asks. 'Yeah, I was born in the Netherlands, moved here three years ago.' I tell her. 'Impressive. How old are you if I may ask.' She says. 'I'm 20.' I say. 'Just as old as Clay.' Alyssa says.

Clay comes walking in with someone over his shoulder. 'Let me go!' The boy yells as he hits his brothers back, making him laugh. 'Why would I?' Clay asks. 'Just put me down, my head will explode.' The boy says. Clay bends through his knees to put him down before sitting down next to me. He huffs. 'Tyler, this is Amelia.' Clay says. The boy wobbles on his feet before turning to me with a red face, making me hold my laugh. 'Nice to meet you Tyler.' I say. 'Yeah you too.' He says before plopping down between his parents. Perfect family I guess. Clay lays his arm over the couch behind me, making Me turn to him. 'Is it annoying?' He asks as he looks down at me. 'It's alright.' I say.

After a bit dinner is done and we head to the table 'Clay get an extra chair, will you.' His dad says. 'Sure.' He heads out as I hear the front door open and close 'Diana!' 'Clay!' I smile at their greeting in the hall. A tall woman walks in with a smile and a little wet hair. 'Sorry I'm so late.' She says. 'It's alright dear, come on in.' Emily says. The last sibling walks in and smiles at me. We shake hands from the opposite side of the table with a laugh. 'Diana.' She says. 'Amelia, nice to meet you.'

We all sit down, Alyssa asking me to sit next to her. I'm sitting at the corner of the table, next to Alyssa and across from Clay.

The dinner is fun as they talk about memories. I laugh along at the sometimes weird stories. After dinner we sit in the living room. Between Diana and Clay. 'You're very good looking.' Diana says. She seems like a business woman, a little more serious but straightforward. 'Thank you, you look very formal and smart.' I say, getting a adorable giggle back. 'I'm not that formal.' She says.

'How about you all stay over for tonight?' Clays mom suggests. 'You can stay with me Diana.' Alyssa says. Clay looks down at me before up at his mom 'I could stay with Tyler on an air mattress, Amelia can take my old room.' Clay says. 'Uhm Yeah, about that.' Alyssa says. 'I Uhm... I may have accidentally poked a hole in it while I had Janice over.' Both parents sigh as I hold in the chuckle. 'And Tyler's room as some boxes in it that need to go to the attic, it's too full.' Clays dad says. 'What about my room?' Clay asks. 'As you left it.' His dad says. 'Is it okay to stay here tonight?' He asks. 'Sure.' I say. His family is nice and funny, so why not.

When going to sleep, we step into a smaller bedroom with a middle sized bed. 'How were you planning on doing this?' I ask. 'I'll sleep on the floor with some pillows.' He says as he opens the closet. 'No way that's way to uncomfortable.' I say. 'Then how do you want to do it? Share the bed?' He asks as he gets out two shirts. 'I... I don't know, but you're not sleeping on the ground.' I say. He hands me a dark green shirt. 'Then what do you want to do?' He asks as he turns to me. I look around myself. It's either floor or bed together.

I look at Clay,

This is a bad idea.