6. Tired.

Work was insanely tiring and emotional, and I feel heavy.

When I pull up to the driveway, I see light on inside, making my stomach rumble in the hopes that there's still food left. I'm supposed to go to the grocery store tomorrow, so there isn't a whole lot left. I grab my bag and get out of the car. A patient died today. Why did I have to be the one stopping the oxygen. The family was so upset. I sigh as I get my keys out of my pocket and unlock the door, finding it was already unlocked. Right. I forgot I have a roommate now.

I get inside and lock the door after me, throwing off my shoes and jacket and heading to the kitchen.

The living room is empty as I wipe my eyes while walking through it to the kitchen. 'Hey Amelia.' Clay says before I step into the kitchen. 'Hey.' I say back softly. 'I made dinner, I'll warm it up for you.' He says as he places the plate in the microwave. My heart warms a little as I give him a tired smile 'You okay?' He asks before pushing the button to start it. 'Had a hard day, that's all.' I say as I go to grab a glass. He gets the orange juice for me and hands it over. 'What happened?' He asks. He waits for me to be done and puts it back into the fridge. I take a sip. 'Everything that could happen happened.' I say. I shiver at the temperature in the room. 'Is the heater on?' I ask. 'No.' He says back.

I walk out of the kitchen and turn it on a little bit.

'I'd offer a hug, but I don't know if you want one.' Clay says. I chuckle and smile absentmindedly, mind tired and foggy. 'I can do with a hug.' I say as I stop in front of him and rest my forehead against his shoulders. He chuckles as I stand twee feet away while just my forehead touches him. The microwave beeps and my stomach rumbles in anticipation. 'Wow You're hungry, huh?' He asks. I nod as he hands me the plate after having put a kitchen towel under it for the heat. 'Thank you.' I say before making my way to the living room.

I sit down with a sigh and start to eat. Finally noticing what I'm chewing on while I look at the food on the plate. A piece of chicken and potatoes with bacon. 'This is good, thank you.' I say before taking another bite. 'You're welcome.' We sit in silence as I eat and he is on his phone. 'You were away long.' He says. '13 hours.' I say. 'Jesus.' He says back. I shrug, happens sometimes.

Clay goes back to "work" so I hear him yelling again. I head to my bedroom and change into the clothes I sleep in. While I pull the oversized shit over my head, I get called. I answer to see that it was nick who called me. 'Hey.' I say. 'Hey! How have you been?' He asks. 'I've been normal.' I say as I sit down on bed and pull the sheets over my legs. 'How are things with the new roommate?' Nick asks. 'Good.' I answer shortly as I slide down so I'm laying. 'You're tired huh?' He asks. I nod, knowing he can see me. 'Ahw, want me to let go go to sleep?' He asks. 'Mm it's okay. Have you got something interesting to tell me?' I ask. 'My moms birthday is coming up soon. And we're doing a surprise party. I wanted to ask if you wanted to come too.' He asks. 'Of course I'll be there.' I say. 'Yesss. Thank you.' He says. 'What are you giving her?' I ask. 'A week to Canada.' He says. 'Oh Jesus, that's generous.' I say. He shrugs like it's nothing. There's a short silence 'you should sleep, if you're not asleep already.' Nick says. I jump at the sound of banging that comes from the other room before I hear Clay yell the f word. 'Jesus.' I say as I look at the wall. 'What was that?' Nick asks with a laugh. 'My roommate is "working" ' I say. 'Oh god.' He says. 'Well imma sleep.' I say. 'Yes, do that. I'll text you.' He says. 'Okay, Night.' 'Night.' He hangs up and I put my phone on the charger.

You: Clay, please calm down a little

I send the text and lay the phone on my nightstand before snuggling under the covers.

Loud Roommate: sorry!

I read the text after my phone buzzes and the room lights up by the light.
He needs to pick better times for his so called work.