4. Like me?

'Clay! Dinner is ready!' I yell from the kitchen as I pick up my own plate. I hear him run down the stairs and run up before he slides past the kitchen and walks back over. 'Well hello.' I say with a laugh. I sit down and turn on the tv. 'You're food is so good!' Clay says from the kitchen, making me chuckle.

Right when I want to take a bite, my phone rings. I set my plate down next to me and pick up my phone. It's mom.

'Hi mom.'
'Hey Hunny!'
'Hi hi. I'm just about to eat dinner.'
'Did you roommate move in?'
'Yes, last week. Why?'
'Can I see him?'

I scoff with a smile at her expression.

'So that's why you called me through FaceTime.'
'Maybe, maybe not.'

I chuckle before I turn my head to the kitchen as Clay walks out on cue. He raises his eyebrow when he meets my eye. 'My mom would like to meet you.' I say. 'Oh your mom?' He says as he walks over, setting his plate on the couch and standing behind the couch and leans down so he's in frame. 'Hello!' He says with a wave. Mom smiles immediately. She's not that good at English so I wonder how this will go. 'Hi nice to meet you.' She says. I cringe a little at her bad pronunciation, but Clay can at least understand her. 'Yes! You too. I wish we could have met in person.' Clay says as he moves down a little move so he can rest his arms on the couch. 'That would have been nice.' Mom says back. 'You approve?' I ask while I raise my eyebrow. 'What?!' Clay says with A laugh.

I shrug and she laughs before she talks in our first language so Clay can't understand. 'He's cute.' She says with a smirk. 'Hmm.' I hum and look away. 'He seems nice though.' She says. 'So what about your mothers senses?' I ask as Clay sits down next to me. 'He would be a better boyfriend then roommate, but one thing at a time.' She says, looking pleased with herself. 'What?' I ask while bursting out in laughter. 'Handsome young man with some manners. Good catch.' She says, making me laugh harder. Clay lets out a huff as he smiles and looks at me. I cover my mouth and try to calm down. 'He is all that, but I don't know about the catch and boyfriend part mom, he's my roommate and friend.' I say. He hums as the smirk returns. 'My god.' I say as I laugh a little again. 'Just don't tell him I said all that.' She says. I giggle 'alright.' I say. Kim steps in frame behind mom. 'Sis!' I say happily. 'Where's the roommate?' She asks. I facepalm and look at Clay, to find him stretching his neck a little to see who joined. I nudge his side and he looks away with a laugh.

'Oh come on, mom saw, I want to see too.' She whines. 'No.' I say. 'I know he's right there.' She says. I sigh and poke Clay with one finger. He was about to take a bite but stops before he can to turn to me. 'My sister wants to meet you as well.' I say. He nods. 'She's better at English, don't worry.' I say, getting a laugh from Kim. He scoots closer till our shoulders touch and I move the phone a bit so we're both in frame. 'Hi.' He says. 'Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Kim.' She says. 'I'm Clay, nice to meet you.' He says back. 'So you're actual American, not fake American like my sister.' Kim says. I give her a blank look as Clay chuckles 'I'm actual American, yes.' He says. 'Cool.' She says.

'Alright, you are fake France. So that's that, and you're keeping us from eating dinner.' I tell them. 'Nice Joke!' Kim says jokingly. I sigh with a smile 'how late is it over there?' I ask. '9 am.' Mom says. 'Good morning then.' I say. 'Thank you.' They both say. 'Moms visa will come in two weeks. Mind flying us out?' Kim asks. 'Yeah, send me a date.' I say. 'I will, thanks.' She says as she gives me a thumbs up and walks out. 'I'll let you eat your dinner.' Mom says. 'Thanks.' I say. 'Have a nice meal Hunny.' She says. 'Thanks mom, have a nice day.' I say. She smiles 'bye Clay!' She says louder. 'Bye! Was nice to meet you.' Clay says as he leans back against me to be in frame. 'Bye guys.' She says with a smile. We both wave before I end the call.

'Well, do they like me?'