Part 14: Confrontation.

It was now the final day of our trips first week. Days after the motocross show until now mainly consisted of seeing cultural spots, indulging the unique localized food dishes and at some stage I think we went to a carnival or fairground. Things between me and Lysa were good, but at the same time they weren't the same as before the motocross show, she appeared more withdrawn and torn up inside.

But of course I dared not to ask her for I feared some form of argument or upsetting, guess you could thank my Grandparents for watching dramatic and soap-opera shows on the TV. This did prepare often me into soldiering through them cause it was time spent together as agreed for daily routine.

So in a bizarre way I had some idea on what to predict, yet even with this knowledge trying to put it into real life situations is like asking a blind person to solve a rubix cube, although I'm pretty sure someone's made a Braille version of it. What bugged me most was that Lysa's smile appeared hallow to me as of lately, her eyes curtained somewhat to keep up her normal self yet although I was releaved to see her act this way that's all it was in the end, an act.

Those damned stretch marks I saw on her silk like skin stood out at the forefront of my head, was it like this when Lysa saw my burnt scarred face for the first time? I shuddered at the thought of it, heck I smashed a mirror first time seeing my reflection of having permanently burnt skin all over. Six feet and four inches (just over 195 cm) worth of burnt skin and even with my grey hair being grown back to my short style again, it's didn't make much difference.

Then there was the thought of her diary, why'd she bring it in the first place? Documentation of our trip was the reason we brought a camera, no need to have that thing round and risk someone else reading it. Ugh I was getting aggravated over nothing but something at the same time, having no other alternative I'm gonna have to ask Lysa, but the only question is when. Hearing Maggie calling out my name made me realize what was going on, returning to the realm of reality from my void of thoughts I half jogged over to them.

This would be our final stop for the day before heading back to our motel room, to prepare for the next leg of our trek. A Chinese restaurant that was highly recommended by the motel's owner stating they served the best food from the land of the eastern dragon, which puzzled me hearing the choice of words. Hearing a simple 'their food is ace' would have sufficed.

Troy ordered Ramen saying that every since he watched Naruto growing up it's been a goal of his for sometime, Maggie ordered the Shrimp fried rice stating it was her personal favourite, Lysa ordered Won-ton soup out of curious interest and I ordered the Pepper steak cause it was steak. The waitress was actually very nice, she didn't even seem to notice my scarring due to the lightning inside the building, spoke very good English and was easy to hear despite the accent indicating numerous hours of practice.

Green tea was served by the waitress' personal recommendation, personally I'd never drank tea to start off with let along thought of it being green, first for everything though as the four of us proceeded to dig into our food upon it's arrival. Although the steak was good I personally felt this one had way too much pepper seasoning that I could sneeze or cough a John Williams film score, I know it's the other sort of pepper but I just react from it. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meals immensely and before long we were already done.

Growing people like us are often be scary when we eat but luckily for others in the establishment we behaved and minded our manners. Although three of us were taught our manners, I got mine through disciplinary lectures and hard workout routines from my Grandpa and as I said he wasn't abusive even though he could be hard to follow instruction to.

Asking for the tab prior to it being brought over, I noticed a small plate with four fortune cookies sitting on it. Before I could utter a word Troy, Maggie and Lysa snagged one up with a synchronized "Yoink!" leaving mine sat there. Snapping them open Maggie and Troy past their fortune to me with closed eyes, guess they don't want bad ones so they'd get me to read it for safe measure, however Lysa appeared to turn red in the cheeks.