Chapter 48

So, we've made it this far! I can't believe that I have finally hit 40k reads and 50 parts! I never would have thought that I could make it this far. I mean, this is just so much and I would like to thank everyone who has made it this far.

This makes about 71k words in my entire story. Crazy, right.

Here, have another ball. I love them lol. This will be a 2 part ball because I wanna get some lunch-

________________________________________________________________________________

Dresses:

Astrid

Rebekah

Laurel

Mary Louise and Nora

Valerie

Caroline

________________________________________________________________________________

To be not only a leader of a newly formed coven but a mate and Original vampire all at the same time was the biggest challenge that I had taken on in my lifetime. Now, it was time to kick back and relax.

Yeah, not really.

Rebekah and Caroline had gotten it into themselves to plan a party together. Those two will be the death of me, I swear to god. I get no alone time around here. Actually, this could be good. The last dance was filled with stupid Sage and then we met Laurel. Not much of a plain social convention.

Now, it was time to introduce the coven to the vampire world. Us heretic vampires would not find ourselves siding with nature, as nature itself had already turned her back on us. No, we would be their allies, their friends. If they had a witch problem, why not just call some witches to deal with them? It would make things so much easier.

"You look stunning, angel," Damon swoops me up, placing kisses all over my face. I giggle relentlessly as he eases up, wrapping his arm around my waist. "That dress is actually insane. Where did you get it?"

"Mar made it," I state proudly.

"She made it? Oh my god, that's actually crazy. You have got to be lying to me right now, angel, because that thing is made for a goddess," I smile, "Which you are, of course. You are my goddess and I am going to treat you to a dance tonight."

"Such a flirt, Mr. Salvatore," I tease. Damon kisses my cheek before opening the door, allowing me to be led out to where the leaders of each part of the family would be making their speeches to the people we had invited.

Things would finally be put back in order. Our lives would be easier for a little bit. Yes, the challenges of a coven would be on my shoulder, but there would be no war. We were at peace, our allies finding it in their hearts to give us this one night of peace after the war that we had fought in. First the Gilbert girl, then father, then mother and her allies. We had no time to relax, but that was going to change.

On this night, we would reign in our inner monsters and allow ourselves to feel the warm comfort of patience and tranquility.

Elijah and Rebekah stood on the sidelines for this one, allowing themselves to have the freedom that came with being a follower and not a leader. I knew for a fact that Elijah had been a leader for too long and needed a break from all of the hard decisions. They always weighed on him. In his own way, he was quite sensitive.